There was a time when solid state drives were considered a luxury purchase. But over the years prices have dropped precipitously to the point where you can find an off-brand 256GB SSD for under $40 even when it's not holiday season. Prices are declining
However, even brand name SSDs — like Samsung's 970 EVO — now sell for a fraction of what they cost just a few months ago. Based on data from price-tracking site CamelCamelCamel, back in May, the 1TB Samsung EVO 970, for instance, sold on Amazon for $449.99. Today, it's down to just $227.99. That's perhaps one of the more extreme examples, but SSD prices across the board are falling and will continue to fall in the coming weeks.
This phenomenon is not exclusive to SSDs. External hard drives, memory cards, and USB flash drives are all at or near record level price lows.
Anyone — ourselves included — can benefit from more storage, so as we inch closer to Black Friday, we're rounding up the day's best storage deals — from SSDs to USB flash drives. Below you'll find some of our top picks for today:
- ADATA SU655 480GB SSD for $64.99 ($35 off)
- Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for $79.99 ($30 off)
- Corsair Force MP500 240GB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD for $122.95 ($73 off)
- Samsung T5 Portable USB 3.1 1TB SSD for $197.99 ($52 off)
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD for $227.99 ($72 off)
- Lacie Porsche Designed 2TB HDD for $94.95 ($65 off)
- WD 8TB Elements Desktop Hard Drive for $149.99 ($30 off)
Memory Cards/Flash Drive Deals
- SanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Type-C Dual Drive for $16.99 ($16 off)
- Samsung 128GB microSD Card for $24.99 ($17 off)
Check back as we update our page with the latest deals.