Unlike other mobile operating systems, WP7 comes ready with document editing capabilities. Mobile Office organizes all of your Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and SharePoint Workspace documents into tiles based on color. SkyDrive and Office 365 get all of that data onto the cloud, enabling online access without worrying about synchronization.
Overall, Word does a great job of preserving the original formatting of .doc and .docx documents.
Excel doesn't maintain formatting as well as Word. Although the layout of individual spreadsheets is generally preserved, charts may or may not look the same as they do on a PC with Office 2010. The two charts in the screen shot above should both be 2D contour charts; however, they appear as bar charts in Mobile Excel.
- More Than A Month With Windows Phone 7.5
- History And Home Screen
- The Basics: Navigation And Bing Searches
- Bing Services: Local Scout, Music, Vision, Speech
- Page Orientation: Portrait And Lanscape
- Keyboard Layout And Text Input
- Touch Gestures And Multitasking
- Internet Explorer, Email, And Calendar
- Maintaining Contacts, Calling, And Messaging
- Multimedia: Music, Videos, And Pictures
- Document Management In Mobile Office
- Marketplace And Xbox Live
- Syncing: Windows And Mac
- Apps: Room To Grow, But Most Bases Covered
- Windows Phone 7: A Solid Mobile Operating System