|HTML5 Hardware Acceleration|
Mozilla Hardware Acceleration Stress Test
Chrome and Opera tie for first place in Mozilla's Hardware Acceleration Stress Test, both with seven frames per second. Safari places second at four FPS, followed by Firefox in third place. Predictably, IE8 is unable to run this benchmark.
Microsoft Psychedelic Browsing
Chrome and Opera again take the lead with scores of four and three (respectively). Firefox and Safari tie for third place, both earning two points. IE8 could not run this benchmark.
There is not much to say about WebGL on this old XP-based machine. Chrome is the only browser capable of running WebGL content on our decade-old test system, and performance alternates between bad and terrible.
- Tom's Hardware's Tenth Web Browser Grand Prix
- Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, And Safari
- Test System Specs And Software Setup
- WBGP10 Test Suite And Methodology
- Startup Time Performance Benchmarks
- Page Load Time Performance Benchmarks
- DOM And CSS Performance Benchmarks
- Flash Performance Benchmarks
- Java And Silverlight Performance Benchmarks
- HTML5 Performance Benchmarks
- Hardware Acceleration And WebGL
- Memory Efficiency Benchmarks
- Proper Page Load Reliability
- Standards Conformance Benchmarks
- Benchmark Analysis
- Crowning A Windows XP Champion