Windows 7 Sells 240 Million Licenses in 1 Year
It was a year ago that Microsoft released Windows 7, which many users and critics felt was the best version of Windows since XP.
Surely, Microsoft took a lot of feedback from those who weren't pleased with what Vista brought and changed Windows 7 to be a bit more friendly to… well, everyone.
In that year since release, Microsoft has sold more than 240 million licenses worldwide.
Users are increasingly pleased with it too, with people right now four times more likely to recommend Windows 7 than they were a year ago. IT professionals have taken to it too as those recommending Windows 7 surpassed those recommending Windows XP within the first five months of release.
Other bullet points that Microsoft shared in its blog post on Windows 7 are:
- Has a customer satisfaction rate of 94%
- Is on more than 1.2 billion Windows PCs worldwide
- Is on 93 percent of new consumer PCs, as of September
- Has over 17 percent of the global operating system share
- Has inspired nearly 90 percent of companies to upgrade or start upgrading to the new OS
- On average, can save companies US$140 per PC per year, and a 131 percent return on investment in the first year
Happy first birthday, Windows 7!