The clear SYSmark2000 winners are ABit's KT7A, Asus A7V133 and Soltek's SL75KAV-X. As most of you know, the SYSmark is quite a theoretical benchmark, as in actual practice most included applications spend most of their time waiting for input from the user. Of course the charts shows the actual differences between the candidates, but it's hard to distinguish the difference in the real world.
Mercedes Benz Truck Racing
Mercedes Benz Truck Racing is one of the most demanding or worst programmed 3D-games available today. Like with all other motherboard reviews we switched the resolution down to 640x480, in order to make the motherboard (AGP and memory interface) the bottleneck - not the graphics card.
Here, the boards from Soltek, Asus, ABit, AOpen and IWill are on top again. Unfortunately MSI is not able to reach more than the last position.
- VIA VT8363A / KT133A
- Athlon Is Hot! Continued
- AOpen AK73-1394 (A)
- AOpen AK73-1394 (A), Continued
- Asus A7V133 - New BIOS 1002
- IWill KK266-R
- MSI K7T Turbo
- nmC 8TTX+
- Soyo SY-K7VTA Pro
- Tyan Trinity KT-A (S2390B)
- Test Setup
- BAPCo SYSmark 2000: Windows 98 SE & Windows 2000
- Quake III Arena - Timedemo 001
- SPECviewperf 6.1.2: Design Review
- SPECviewperf 6.1.2: Lightscape
- SPECviewperf 6.1.2: ProCDRS