Remembering what we observed from Asus’ automatic power settings, its baseline measurements are unsurprisingly higher than EVGA’s. But this is primarily an overclocking comparison, and EVGA performs exceptionally well when we compare its performance to its lower overclock.
Unable to use XMP or the 21.33x memory multiplier to reach DDR3-2133 on the X79 FTW, manually copying Asus’ secondary timings to EVGA’s firmware finally provided the solution for DDR3-2133 testing. Performance is similar at that setting, with Asus holding only a slight lead.
- X79's Last Hurrah Before Ivy Bridge
- Asus Rampage IV Extreme
- Rampage IV Extreme Firmware Overclocking
- Rampage IV Extreme Software Overclocking
- EVGA X79 FTW
- X79 FTW Firmware Overclocking
- X79 FTW Software Overclocking
- Overclocking Stability Compared
- Breaking Boundaries
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- Power And Heat
- Benchmark Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 3
- Benchmark Results: Metro 2033
- Benchmark Results: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Asus Versus EVGA: Who Wins?