The current Core i5-2500K/Radeon HD 6950 combo uses less power than the Core i5-750/GeForce GTX 470 setup when it comes to both CPU and graphics, a surprising result considering the superior performance of the newer option. In fact, the new system’s overclocked power usage is similar to the September system’s stock numbers.
In general, the temperatures reported by these two systems are very similar, except when it comes to the GPU. AMD's Radeon HD 6950 runs quite hot, it seems.
- System Builder Marathon: $1000 Enthusiast System
- CPU, Motherboard, And Cooler
- Video Card, Power Supply, And Case
- Memory, Hard Drive, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Media Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Desktop Graphics And Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2 And S.T.A.L.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- Benchmark Results: Just Cause 2 And F1 2010
- Power And Temperature Benchmarks