Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
The AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition is a quad-core Socket AM3-based processor with 4 x 512 KB of L2 cache and 6 MB of shared L3 cache. It delivers 3.2 GHz core speeds right out of the box, and offers overclocking flexibility through an unlocked CPU multiplier that you can be sure we'll utilize.
CPU Cooler: AMD Retail Boxed Heatsink & Fan
The boxed cooler bundled with AMD’s 125 W Phenom II X4 Black Edition processors is far better than the all-aluminum heatsink and low RPM fan we've used in past Athlon II- and 95 W Phenom II-based systems.
The copper heatpipe design and screaming 6000+ RPM fan should allow a bit more headroom for overclocking without the additional cost of aftermarket cooling.
- A Return To Overclocking
- CPU And Cooler
- Motherboard And Memory
- Graphics Card And Hard Drive
- Case, Power Supply, And Optical Drive
- Test System Configuration And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And Just Cause 2
- Benchmark Results: F1 2010 And Metro 2033
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Power Consumption And Temperatures
- Performance Summary, Efficiency, And Conclusion