To show the performance differences between the Celeron and the Pentium III, I decided to give you the real difference instead of the naked benchmark numbers.
Please consider that I produced the results using a Celeron 566 (66 x8.5) and a Pentium III 850, clocked at 66 instead of 100 MHz FSB. Bryce, Excel, Paradox and Powerpoint run faster by 15-23%, while most others gain between 4 and 9%. Remember that the only difference in this comparison is the L2 cache size and possibly a different cache interface.
- Celeron Vs. Pentium III, Continued
- Old Celeron Vs. New Celeron
- Celeron - Expendable
- Celeron Vs. Pentium III - SYSmark 2000
- Celeron Vs. Pentium III - Content Creation Winstone 2000
- Processor Performance Charts: SYSmark 2000
- Processor Performance Charts: Expendable Timedemo
- Processor Performance Charts: Quake III Arena
- Celeron Price/Performance Index