Here, the -3770K ties its predecessor, making for a wholly unimpressive finish.
Not surprisingly, both six-core Intel CPUs turn in the fastest times. But it actually is quite a shock to see AMD’s FX-8150 slotting in ahead of the Bridges, particularly after finishing so far behind in the previous tests. It just goes to show that Bulldozer isn’t beyond the point of redemption.
Officially, Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 680 is too new to be supported by Adobe’s Mercury Playback Engine. Off the record, it’d still be pretty easy to add the card to Premiere Pro’s text document-based list of compatible cards.
At any rate, the current lack of support makes it really easy for us to stack CPUs up against each other without interference from a graphics card. And from that experiment, we again see the six-core Sandy Bridge-E parts tearing through our Paladin workload. Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge take third and fourth place, separated by 36 seconds.
The gap between the rest of the field is far more substantial. Curiously, AMD’s FX falls to the bottom of the stack, unable to overcome its six-core predecessor, Phenom II X6 1100T.
Separation between the Intel-based contenders is narrow. But the gap between the slowest Intel chip, Core i7-3930K, and the fastest AMD processor, Phenom II X6 1100T, is larger.
- Ivy Bridge: Was It Worth The Wait?
- The Ivy Bridge Core: I Think I Know You
- HD Graphics 4000: The Plus In Intel’s Tick+
- HD Graphics 4000: Performance In 3DMark 11 And Batman
- HD Graphics 4000: Performance In Skyrim And WoW
- HD Graphics 4000: Native Compute Support
- Quick Sync: A Secret Weapon, Refined
- Platform Compatibility: Are Motherboard Vendors Ready?
- Overclocking Ivy Bridge: Core i7-3770K Is A Mixed Bag
- Ivy Bridge Memory Scaling
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: PCMark 7
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark 11
- Benchmark Results: Sandra 2012 SP3
- Benchmark Results: Adobe CS 5.5
- Benchmark Results: Content Creation
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: File Compression
- Benchmark Results: Media Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Batman: Arkham City
- Benchmark Results: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Benchmark Results: World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm
- Power Consumption And Efficiency
- How Much Faster Is Core i7-3770K Than -2700K And i5-2550K?
- An Evolution That Makes Sense, But Doesn't Impress