It's just a little melted, it's still good!
With the ability to destroy everything you own in record time, house fires can be devastating for sure. Though losing your computer is probably the least of your worries if your entire house burns down, there's still a small chance your baby might survive.
The Unofficial Apple Weblog reports that when Swedish resident Anders Norman's whole house was destroyed in a fire, his iMac survived.
In a translated piece from Feber.se, Norman writes:
"Unfortunately, the whole house and all things in there completely destroyed, so even the iMac. What's funny is that it is still in operation. While damaged from smoke and dust and partially melted, but yet, however in operation.
After I plugged in the burned power cord and wiped off the worst dust from the screen I pressed the melted start button. Imagine my surprise when the startup sound sings from the speakers! The screen turns on and the machine connects to the wireless network.
The mouse works flawlessly and the scroll wheel as well. Firefox starts and I take up the article from the local magazine about the fire ... Fantastic!
On Friday I bought a new iMac at the Apple Store here in Umeå, which I now rejoice."
Check the pictures of his disfigured but very much alive iMac below. More pictures available on Faber.se.