On the eve of Nvidia's major GPU launch of the year, owners of current video cards are being treated to new, more optimized software drivers.
Today both Nvidia and ATI released new WHQL drivers for their GPU families. These drivers have been available in non-certified form a short while, but now they've been given the stamp of approval.
- Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129.
- Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 220.127.116.11 (for supported GPUs).
- Increases performance in several PC games from v196.21 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
* Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU.
* Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology.
* Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X. with single GPU.
* Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X. with SLI technology.
* Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU.
* Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology.
- Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver.
- Enhanced SLI support for Metro 2033, Supreme Commander 2, Unigine, and World of Warcraft.
- Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.
For those who haven't yet grabbed the Catalyst 10.3 from the preview released last week, click here to look at the extensive list of performance boosts for the Radeon HD 4800 and 5000 series and then visit AMD to get the official download.