When it comes to integrated gaming, AMD's Brazos platform still impresses. Gateway's ZX4931 relies on Intel GMA X4500HD, which can't even generate a score in 3DMark or Left 4 Dead 2. On the all-in-one PCs, we experienced nothing but crashes.
CPU and GPU performance both have a strong influence on World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. The Radeon HD 4270 (TouchSmart 310) can't outperform AMD's Radeon HD 6310 (ASRock E350M1) alone, but it can once you pair it with a more powerful Athlon II X2 245e.
Gateway's ZX4931 is in a different boat. A decent CPU, such as Intel's Pentium E5800, cannot make up for the performance of a poor graphics engine like the GMA X4500HD.
Of course, World of Warcraft tends to be a special case where you need balanced CPU and GPU performance. Similar to Left 4 Dead 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is more sensitive to GPU performance. With that said, you're going to get better performance out of a Brazos-based system.
- All-In-One Desktops
- Gateway One ZX4931 (ZX4931-31e)
- HP TouchSmart 310 (310-1125y)
- Size Profile
- Test Setup And Display Specifications
- Out Of Box LCD Performance: Brightness And Contrast Ratio
- Out Of Box LCD Performance: Color Accuracy And Gamut
- Out Of Box LCD Performance: Maximum And Minimum Brightness
- Calibrated LCD Performance: Brightness And Contrast Ratio
- Calibrated LCD Performance: Color Accuracy And Gamut
- Black And White Uniformity, Viewing Angles
- Power Consumption
- Benchmark Results: General Performance
- Benchmark Results: Gaming Performance
- Final Words