FRAPS v2.2.4 Released
FRAPS is a game benchmarking, screen- and video capturing tool. Check out the new version.
A new version of the utility FRAPS is available on the FRAPS website . FRAPS is a very powerful tool which allows you to benchmark games and to capture screenshots and videos in games.
Benchmarking Software - See how many Frames Per Second (FPS) you are getting in a corner of your screen. Perform custom benchmarks and measure the frame rate between any two points. Save the statistics out to disk and use them for your own reviews and applications.
Screen Capture Software - Take a screenshot with the press of a key ! There’s no need to paste into a paint program every time you want to capture the screen. Your screen captures are also automatically named and timestamped.
Realtime Video Capture Software - Have you ever wanted to record video while playing your favourite game ? Come join the Machinima revolution ! Throw away the VCR, forget about using a DV cam, game recording has never been this easy ! Fraps can capture audio and video up to 1024x768 at 30 frames per second !
FRAPS is shareware. The video caputre feature is restricted in the free version. You need to buy a licence to use full size recording without watermarks.
List of fixes in v2.2.4 :
- Preliminary DirectX 9.0c support
- Improved Fraps graphics for systems using large size DPI setting
- Fixed keyboard response delay encountered by some users
- Fixed single dropped video frame in split AVI
- Fixed screen & video capture corruption in Manager Zone
- Fixed Silent Hill 3 crashing on startup when overlay enabled