Do Monitors Take Issue With Running At Non Native Resolutions

I'm considering a 4K monitor. My video card can handle the resolution for 80% of available games. For the other 20%, I was planning to bring the resolution down to 1440p. Perhaps, I want to game at a higher than 60 FPS. I would bring the res down. There shouldn't be any issues, right?
4 answers Last reply
More about monitors issue running native resolutions
  1. Changing the 4k resolution to 1440p will not look good, it'll be blurry.
  2. Grugbug said:
    Changing the 4k resolution to 1440p will not look good, it'll be blurry.


    I didn't realize it would make the image look bad. I use a 4K for work and turn down the res to 1440p in Windows and it seems OK. I do it to be able to read text and do my work. Obviously, I don't game at work so I don't know what 1440p would like on my 4K display.
  3. How about running windowed?
  4. varis said:
    How about running windowed?


    It looks fine and sharp. Then again, I use MS Office, VS, and FireFox at work. I wonder if this is true of all displays. Perhaps, some displays look better than others when you down scale? Actually, I wouldn't mind hooking up PS4 to my 4K monitor. I wonder how it would look.
Ask a new question

Read More

Resolution Games Monitors Graphics Cards