Kernel Dump file ( Help read) BSOD only in Battlefield 5

chouiny
abg abȈ See all of this member's badges
Best answers: - Posts: 5

So i have this BSOD Watchdog clock timed out when i play Battlefield 5 ( Only this game)

it happen mostly when i start the game.. and rarely middle of gaming... Sometime i can play for hours and nothing happen.. then next day 10 BSOD.

i tried fresh install of windows 10 pro last night.. ( no success)

i7 4770k ( No OC)
16gb ram DDR3
GTX 1070 (up to date driver)
Mothebroard Maximus hero VII (updated bios)
PSU: Corsair TX650

Hope you guys can help me on what is causing this.. because its only with this game and i play this game a lot!

Here is a link to Memory dump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsIDv22QH4cUhx6Of2kk_jH8mY8l

Thank you.
7 answers Last reply
More about kernel dump file read bsod battlefield
  1. I will get someone to convert dump files into a format I can read

Clock Watchdog Timeout. Its an error relating to CPU. Doesn't mean it is CPU, just its what caused the error.

Try running this on CPU - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

are you on bios 3201 or 3503 - the beta bios just adds the fixes for Intel bugs
  2. Hi, i am new to this. But i had a similar issue with bf5. My pc was working perfectly then in bf5 suddenly BSOD or crash. My problem was the new SSD Crucial MX500 1TB. It was shutting down during gameplay. And the game was installed on it. Usually i was able to play a random amount of time on a map. I even played 2 hours without a problem then sudden crash of the game. After i checked a little with the other ssd I have and saw that all was fine I moved back the game on crucial and the crash returned.
    As a conclusion: Check the following. Sleep mode for harddisk in windows power settings. Check the SSD.
    I have returned my SSD and bought a Samsung 970 EVO m2 on which I am having no issues.
  3. X psycho did you had the same error code in BSOD? watchdog clock timed out ?
  4. Actualty there were many error types. It was so hard to debug. I had to uninstall visual studio, add another version. unistall virtual machines cause on an error it said something about that. Then nvidia graphics also got listed as a source of error, losing power was another issue listed. The network was also listed, i think all compontents were listed as source of the error. I was about to reinstall windows cause that one was an ultimate solution to start with a clean pc.

Please check the sleep time in power configuration in windows and add NEVER to harddrives then tell me if its ok.
  5. Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/J4hh.html

File: MEMORY.DMP (Dec 5 2018 - 22:30:35)
    BugCheck: [CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)]
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00000000`00000000
    Probably caused by: Unknown_Image (Process: https://www.google.com/search?q=)
    Uptime: 0 Day(s), 7 Hour(s), 20 Min(s), and 35 Sec(s)

There's not alot of useful information (for me) in it. It's missing the driver list, BIOS info, and other parts. This often happens with memory.dmp files (for me). Maybe others will be able to pull more info from it.

I can't help you with this. Someone else will come along and give you more information soon. Please wait for more answers. Good luck.
  6. memory dump was corrupted.
    all I can see it that there was a timeout trying to communicate between 2 cores of your cpu.

I would reset the bios to defaults or update, boot into windows and remove any overclock drivers, then run cmd.exe or power shell as an admin and run
    dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    then run a Malwarebytes scan

you might also update your motherboard drivers from the motherboard vendors website
    get the chipset driver and any sata drivers.

if this only happens during a game, make sure you do not have any gpu or cpu overclock drivers running. the bugcheck was caused because 2 cpu cores were deadlocked. this can mean that one core missed a signal to another core. this can be a heat problem or a power problem.
  7. i also forgot to mention that i also updated the bios and disabled the XMP memory profile but nothing changed in my case. You should try. Move the game on another hard drive.
Ask a new question

Read More

Battlefield Blue Screen Games