How do I disable 2nd display but keep HDMI audio? Windows 10

I am running an HDMI cable from my 1070 TI to the back of an amplifier for PCM audio... However windows 10 thinks it's a 2nd monitor... The sound works great. But if I try to disable to 2nd display it also cuts my audio off.

The main issue with this is losing my mouse when it drifts into the non existent screen
4 answers Last reply
More about disable 2nd display hdmi audio windows
  1. MERGED QUESTION
    Question from kulharin : "How do I disable 2nd display but keep HDMI audio, 1070TI Windows 10"

I am running an HDMI cable from my 1070 TI to the back of an amplifier for PCM audio... However windows 10 thinks it's a 2nd monitor... The sound works great. But if I try to disable to 2nd display/monitor it also cuts my audio off.

The main issue with this is losing my mouse when it drifts into the non existent screen
  2. Manufacturer/Model name of the amplifier?

If it has HDMI-in, then it most likely has HDMI-out also. You could connect your monitor to HDMI-out of your amplifier.

Or .. you could pass audio to amplifier with digital audio cable (optical or coax depending on available audio outputs on pc and audio inputs on amplifier).
  3. There is no way of simply doing it thru windows? Seriously?

is it an issue if my fake display is at diff resolution/refresh rate than my actual monitor?
  4. Can you list manufacturer/model name of your amplifier?
Ask a new question

Read More

Audio Displays HDMI