New Build Ryzen 2600 No Post, All powers up!

Hey guys! I hope you can help me. My friend just recently build a pc with my help but all powers up and no post to BIOS.

Specs:
- Ryzen 5 2600
- MSI B450M Bazooka Plus
- 1060 6gb Asus
- 8gb Single Ram
- Corsair 650W 80plus

Steps tried:
- CMOS Reset
- Reseatting CPU
- Reseating GPU
- Reseatting RAM
- Checking lose connection wires
10 answers Last reply
More about build ryzen 2600 post powers
  1. where did he plug in monitor cable? should be gpu instead of motherboard. did he connect both 24 pin and 8pin wires from psu to motherboard?
  2. vapour said:
    where did he plug in monitor cable? should be gpu instead of motherboard. did he connect both 24 pin and 8pin wires from psu to motherboard?

It is in GPU. I have Ryzen build as well so I know that ryzen having no onboard graphics.
  3. what does debug led show?
  4. Motherboard Manual Pg 26, Do you have the RAM module installed in the correct RAM slot, DIMMA2?

-Wolf sends
  5. vapour said:
    what does debug led show?

It stops at RAM Led Debug. It stays lit in there.
  6. Wolfshadw said:
    Motherboard Manual Pg 26, Do you have the RAM module installed in the correct RAM slot, DIMMA2?

-Wolf sends

Yes, I did that. I installed it first at the correct RAM slot according to the manual of the mobo. Then after no post, I changed it to other DIMMS and clear CMOS.
  7. The ram could be doa or incompatible. I will RMA the ram first or lend him your ram to see if it resolves the issue. Is the ram on qvl list?
  8. I would start with returning the ram, and while you are at it, get a proper dual channel kit, at least 3000mhz. Single channel and Ryzen is a big performance hit.
  9. ^^+1

BTW, the PSU your friend bought is not promising either. What model is it?
  10. vapour said:
    ^^+1

BTW, the PSU your friend bought is not promising either. What model is it?

Good catch. An 80+ model would probably be a crappy VS.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build