Dell Quietly Releases Inspiron 17 5000 Laptops With AMD Ryzen/Vega APUs

Dell quietly released four new models of its Inspiron 17 5000 laptop, each sporting AMD’s newest Ryzen 5 and 3 processors with onboard Vega graphics.

Dell Quietly Releases Inspiron 17 5000 Laptops With AMD Ryzen/Vega APUs : Read more
4 answers Last reply
More about dell quietly releases inspiron 5000 laptops amd ryzen vega apus
  1. Yeah poor selection from Dell.
    No 15" monitor option either.
    There's no point in buying a laptop unless you're getting an SSD, it's just too slow otherwise.

Acer's models are looking good and have good reviews for Ryzen mobile.
  2. All have ancient and slow 5400Rpm HDDs? Baffling decision. It's not the year 2000 anymore.
  3. I rarely comment on these forums, despite being a daily tomshardware reader. But this news just makes me irritated! There is clearly a concerted effort to make AMD machines look sub par compared to Intel offerings. No matter how good a machine is, the hard drive is the slowest component and bottlenecks the whole system. Average Joe Schmuck buying a mass market computer just comes away with the impression that AMDs are cheap, slow, rubbish, and perpetuates this myth to the ignorant masses.

Dear tom'sHARDWARE, I would like to request a bit of investigative journalism into figuring out why do major mass market PC manufacturers still pair AMD hardware with sub standard equipment.
  4. Dell is just doing this as an exercise.
    They clearly prefer selling Intel PCs and have said as much.
    They were in bed with Intel on the Intel bribery scandal years ago big time.
    Aside from their Alienware division their AMD products are weak.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Systems Dell AMD