Streaming while playing games and struggling?

I have tried mostly everything I can and searched around forums for a while trying to find a more recent version of my problem. My current build consists of and i7 6700k OC to 4.7Ghz, Asus ROG 1070 maxed out OC, 16GB of DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RAM, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, and Corsair 750RMx PSU. I stream simultaneously as I play games and I usually have to play on all low settings still suffering low FPS. My temperatures are fine and nothing goes wrong with the components that I see. When I'm not streaming I can for the most part run everything on ultra at 100+ FPS. Sometimes when I stream and play I will get around 60-80 FPS in some games but it will feel like 40-60 and I have no idea why. I do stream in 1080p 60fps and I use OBS. I have a friend who has about the same setup as me except with a 1080(as opposed to my 1070) and gets insanely better FPS and is able to stream on maxed out settings and says he doesn't suffer from the "80 fps feeling like 40". Anyone know why this occurs?
5 answers Last reply
More about streaming playing games struggling
  1. Hm, I had similar problems with OBS while using Nvidia-Share. If you have Geforce Experience installed, go to the settings and try disabling the Share option. It helped me.
  2. beinik6 said:
    Hm, I had similar problems with OBS while using Nvidia-Share. If you have Geforce Experience installed, go to the settings and try disabling the Share option. It helped me.

They changed the format of it I think. I disabled the Broadcast LIVE option in settings, but if that is the same as share, it didn't help me. But thanks for you input!
  3. No its just called SHARE. Open it, go to your settings in the top right (the gear icon), go to GENERAL in the left and there you should be able to se SHARE.
  4. beinik6 said:
    No its just called SHARE. Open it, go to your settings in the top right (the gear icon), go to GENERAL in the left and there you should be able to se SHARE.

Nothing there for me man, looked the whole app up and down.
  5. Strange..
Ask a new question

Read More

Games