Computer (semi) not recognising SDD after power surge

Greetings,

this morning we had a wee power surge due to weather. Computer shut off and immediately back on. Since then, it is not well.

I have two SSDs (SATA 4 and SATA 3) in the computer. Each time I boot, I need to hit F8 (Boot Select) in order to select the drive with Windows 10 (SATA 4). The CMOS does not see the SATA 4, only the 3.

If I bypass both Boot Select and CMOS, the computer boots to basic Windows. No apps, desktop docs, nothing.

It seems to have also taken a toll on the WLAN. Has been shutting it self off all day.

And, the fan kicks on if I stream anything.

The computer is only a year old.

Ideas?

Cheers!
Reply to hondoman
4 answers Last reply
More about computer semi recognising sdd power surge
  1. Which version of Basic Windows does it boot into?

Which fan kicks on if you stream?

Are you using a power bar with a surge suppressor or a UPS?
    Reply to gdmaclew
  2. I thinking the BIOS got reset. Go in to the BIOS and change the boot order back to booting SATA4 first. Make sure all the fan setting are still correct, etc. Not much more help without seeing the issue.
    Reply to gasaraki
  3. gasaraki, the BIOS does not see the SATA4. Only when the computer begins to boot and I chose 'Boot Selector' from outside the BIOS am I am to chose SATA4. But inside the BIOS, the choice is not there. SATA3 or CDROM. The BIOS doesn't recognise it.
    Reply to hondoman
  4. gasaraki said:
    I thinking the BIOS got reset. Go in to the BIOS and change the boot order back to booting SATA4 first. Make sure all the fan setting are still correct, etc. Not much more help without seeing the issue.

See above. Cheers mate!
    Reply to hondoman
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

SATA Computers Power Surge