How should I set up my hard drives for gaming?

I was wondering what sort of games and/or applications I should put in what drive, I have a pretty good idea on what should go where, but I was wondering if any of my assumptions were correct or incorrect, as well as if anyone had opinions or anything like that.

Also, keep in mind this is my first custom PC I've made, and I've made it for gaming as I am a gamer. Here's the link to my rig, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Q4DqYr or if you prefer just knowing the drives, these are the ones I have; Seagate - FireCuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive and the Western Digital - VelociRaptor 600GB 3.5" 10000RPM Internal Hard Drive.

I opted for the Hybrid and HDD combo because I never even knew Hybrids existed until looking around for parts, so I looked into them and decided I wanted to try one out. The Hybrid will be used basically like a SSD for my purposes.

Some games I will be playing for example would be Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Just Cause 3, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, League of Legends (which I already play, but on my laptop.), and possibly other games like Rainbow Six Siege in the future.

Most games in that list are open world games, given some exceptions. As far as my knowledge is, I assume I'd still be putting all of them into my Hybrid drive, correct? I know loading times would be obviously slower on HDD, but I was thinking of putting my OS on the HDD and other things like media and pictures I save into there as well.

Thanks,

- Athi

(EDIT: All items are already bought except for the processor, which I will be buying soon if the prices drops back down to 198$, right now it's 215$.)
Reply to jdogcc418
1 answer Last reply
More about set hard drives gaming
  1. The FireCuda Solid-State Hybrid Drive has a small SSD cache, and then a larger spinning storage capacity as well. What the drive does is intuitively look at what data you're accessing most frequently as you use the drive, then starts sticking those things on the SSD cache portion for faster load times. For gaming, the biggest benefit you'd get from the FireCuda is by having games you're currently playing on the FireCuda, and playing one game frequently, rather than swapping them out or changing a lot between them, so that the load files associated with that game stay on the SSD cache.
    Reply to seagate_surfer
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Gaming Games Hard Drives