Clueless overclocker L4 advice/information

I'm curious about my overclock profile, I've never OCed before and i'm not wanting to push too hard on my brand new rig.. I'm running the following:

Asus ROG Strix z270H
I7-7700K OCed to 4.7ghz
8 gigs of 2400 ddr4 ram
Nvidia GTX 1070 TI FE Pwr Limit at max with +200 to Core and Memory
Seasonice FocusPlus Gold 850
Samsung EVO 850 250G SSD
WD Black 1tb HDD

Running Timespy I've never had temps for CPU over 60oC and GPU over 72oC, never crashed, never had to back out due to throttling, but I also don't know if my OC is high enough for that to be an issue, or if i'm even really overclocked right now, looking for advice, thank you (criticism is cool, as long as its about my thought process not my hardware, thanks ahead of time)
Reply to reed330
3 answers Last reply
More about clueless overclocker advice information
  1. 4.7GHz is good, you could maybe try 4.9GHz with 1.32V. Don't go over 1.4V that should be the limit.
    What cooling do you have?
    72c for your gpu is good, you could maybe go a bit further with your gpu aswell, but I wouldn't let it go over 85 c.
    Good Luck :)
    Reply to furkan68k18
  2. furkan68k18 said:
    4.7GHz is good, you could maybe try 4.9GHz with 1.32V. Don't go over 1.4V that should be the limit.
    What cooling do you have?
    72c for your gpu is good, you could maybe go a bit further with your gpu aswell, but I wouldn't let it go over 85 c.
    Good Luck :)

SO.. currently i'm running a hyper 212 evo on the cpu with 3 140mm case fans.. i'm running custom fan curves on all 4 fans through a controller.. my GPU is an Nvidia card so i'm not sure how much OC room I have on it without going into voltage changing, i'm not quite comfortable with it just yet. I've only upped the BCLK on my CPU I haven't done any core clocking, i'm REALLY new to this whole thing and didn't want to dive too deep into it without some guidance. I've never seen the temps on my CPU go over 80oC and 75oC on the GPU, and I ended up boosting my CPU to 4.9 is this safe?
    Reply to reed330
  3. Well if you have stress tested the cpu and it hasn't crashed and the temps aren't over 90 c, all is good.
    Reply to furkan68k18
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Overclocking Intel i7 Gtx Pascal Geforce Nvidia Asus