Recomendations on new CPU

So as of right now I have a MSI 970 gaming paired with a FX-6300 CPU.
This bottlenecks my MSI GTX 1060 6gb, so im wanting to upgrade my CPU but im sure ill need a new motherboard for a good CPU. I prefer AMD as thats what I have grown up with and I know intell usually rocks CPU market but i heard the Ryzen are up to par now.

So just wondering what is a good CPU right now, that will match up with my GTX 1060 6gb nicely.
My PC is mostly gaming
Reply to arbiterrecon
3 answers Last reply
More about reccomendations cpu
  1. Best bet right now to grab a R5 1600. For gaming, a R7 is not much better if at all while R3 is quite lacking. R5 1600 is perhaps the best bang for buck as well as a strong gaming/workstation CPU.

Go with R5 1600 as you don't exactly need R5 1600X higher potential to OC or the higher XFR boost, while you also have to buy a separate CPU Cooler for the R5 1600X. The R5 1600 has a very capable (for stock) CPU cooler.
    Reply to BigBoomBoom
  2. MERGED QUESTION
    Question from arbiterrecon : "In market for a Motherboard, any reccomendations"

arbiterrecon said:
    So as of right now I have a MSI 970 gaming paired with a FX-6300 CPU.
    This bottlenecks my MSI GTX 1060 6gb, so im wanting to upgrade my CPU but im sure ill need a new motherboard for a good CPU. I prefer AMD as thats what i have grown up with and I know intell usuallyt rocks CPU market but i heard the Ryzen are up to par now.

Anyways this being a mobo thread i was wondering what yall would reccomend.
    Used for gaming mostly
    Reply to COLGeek
  3. Please address your needs in one thread. No need to start individual threads to upgrade your system. Sticking to one thread will also ensure you get a comprehensive solution to meet your needs.

In your situation, stepping up to a Ryzen based rig means upgrading the CPU, motherboard, and memory, at a minimum. If you give us a budget, I am sure others can provide some excellent options to meet your needs.
    Reply to COLGeek
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Gaming MSI-Microstar CPUs