After Replacing CPU, Computer will no longer start

Hello, ignoring pleasantries and going straight to the point,

I’m stumped, my friend is stumped, and we found no other posts referencing this problem.

Recently I replaced my CPU, with a i5-6600k, and after putting it in, and after entering the Bios Settings to update the CPU setting to see if the Mobo detects the 6600k, then screen freezes.
After Restarting the PC, the screen is black, the CPU LED flashes once, then switches to MemOK LED, stays on for a few seconds, then goes to the Boot Device LED, and stays on for 30 seconds. I turn off the computer, google Boot Device LED problems, find none that match anything wrong with my PC, and turn the PC back on. This time the MemOK LED flashes, then switches to the CPU LED for 30 seconds and the entire PC restarts by itself, after this the VGA LED is on, screen black. After Restarting the fourth time, the CPU LED flashes, MemOK Flashes, and then Boot Device LED stays on again. Lastly, after restarting for the the last time by myself, there are no LED’s on, other than the power LED, and the screen is black. Turn it off, and I call a friend.
Enter my friend, a bit more knowledgeable about PC’s, equipped with his laptop. He turns on the computer, and there are no LED’s on, but the screen is black. After three more restarts, he seems to be hunched and starts to scour the web to see for any similar problems before, and we find nothing.
As you can see, we are stuck, and I have no idea on what's wrong, Thank you in advance for any help given

*Specs*
Asus Z170-E Mobo
2 4gb Kingston HyperX sticks of RAM
XFX AMD 480 Video Card
G550M Cooler Master Power Supplier
i5-6600K CPU
Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Fan
3 other Fans
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case
Zotac Solid Drive
WD Blue 1TB Hard Drive
Asus 24in monitor
Reply to sabrutris
4 answers Last reply
More about replacing cpu computer longer start
  1. Did you reset CMOS before the first start with new CPU? If you did not, do it now, and try booting again.
    Reply to DRagor
  2. DRagor said:
    Did you reset CMOS before the first start with new CPU? If you did not, do it now, and try booting again.

removed and put back, now turning on the computer leaves the MemOK LED on
    Reply to sabrutris
  3. Have you removed RAM sticks when swapping CPU? If yes, check again if they are fully seated. If no, there is possibility you damaged some CPU socket pins while installing new CPU and this could cause RAM problems. But before you check the socket, when RAM LED is lit, press MEMOK button until RAM LED starts blinking, then let it do the work (it may take few reboots).
    Reply to DRagor
  4. DRagor said:
    Have you removed RAM sticks when swapping CPU? If yes, check again if they are fully seated. If no, there is possibility you damaged some CPU socket pins while installing new CPU and this could cause RAM problems. But before you check the socket, when RAM LED is lit, press MEMOK button until RAM LED starts blinking, then let it do the work (it may take few reboots).

Personally, I don't think that the pins are damaged, as I have already entered the Bios Screen until it froze, and I didn't remove the RAM sticks and have already pressed the MemOK Button, let it blink, and it returned to is on state
    Reply to sabrutris
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

CPUs LED Monitor