Preinstalling drivers and utilities then resetting computer to out of box state

I don't know if I am having a brain cramp or what but I can't get a search engine to find an answer. I am installing the drivers and utilities for a PC I built for my niece and I want to reset it to the out of box state for her to set up while keeping the installs. I have done it before but I forget how I did it. It's Windows 10 that I'm using. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.
Reply to jpe1701
2 answers Last reply
More about preinstalling drivers utilities resetting computer box state
  1. In Windows 10 speak, "refresh this PC" keeps programs while "reset this PC" is a clean out-of-box install. Both will keep the drivers. It's done like this.
    Reply to BFG-9000
  2. BFG-9000 said:
    In Windows 10 speak, "refresh this PC" keeps programs while "reset this PC" is a clean out-of-box install. Both will keep the drivers. It's done like this.

Thank you but resetting does remove the software and drivers and refresh would leave my account on the computer and it would still be set as admin. I actually found what I was looking for. It's the sysprep cmd. It is for oems to leave their bloatware and drivers but the person who turns it on next goes through setup and becomes admin.
    Reply to jpe1701
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Drivers Computers Search Engine