Can a 3-pin case fan be controlled by MOBO through a fan splitter?

I have an ASRock AB350 Pro4, it has 2 case fan headers (CHA_FAN2 and CHA_FAN3) they will auto detect and allow to control a fan if it is 3-PIN or 4-PIN (PWM). The MOBO only has 2 ports but I have 4 fans. I will need to use 2 fan splitters and will connect the rear fans on one, and front fans on the other. I want to know if using the fan splitter will not allow the fans to be controlled. I am aware that when you use a fan splitter you can not control the fans on the splitter individually, I am fine with that. I just want to be able to control fans plugged into each header. I know this is a hard question but I would appreciate any insight. Thank you!
Reply to lambolimo
2 answers Last reply
More about pin case fan controlled mobo fan splitter
  1. If I'm understanding your question correctly, the answer is yes. I do it all the time. If the two fans on the same splitter are identical, the RPM shown will be the same for both. But use a splitter that has the tach feedback pin missing from one of the connector ends so there will only be one fan reporting. Example.
    Reply to clutchc
  2. clutchc said:
    If I'm understanding your question correctly, the answer is yes. I do it all the time. If the two fans on the same splitter are identical, the RPM shown will be the same for both. But use a splitter that has the tach feedback pin missing from one of the connector ends so there will only be one fan reporting. Example.

Allright thank you so much!
    Reply to lambolimo
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Video Games ASrock Cooling Fan Fan Speed Cases