My monitor Blinking

Hello guys First of all excuse me for my Bad english i can't speak/write very well so i'm using google translate
Second : i just Bought my monitor Asus VX238H " Used" for like 4 months so i have this problem like 2 weeks ago it's Blinking to black for 3 sec and back normal ,,, i tried EVERYTHING possible to found a solution or where's the problem after research for 2 weeks... i noticed when i turn my room light ON or plug anything it's blinking so i record this Video to see the problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr2qzWNCAx8

Please Help me to solve this problem , TY
Reply to ams2015
12 answers Last reply
More about monitor blinking
  1. Try to reconnect the vga,dvi or hdmi port on your pc and monitor. Chwck if it loose. Also try cleaning it if you have a "contact cleaner" you can youtube for cleaning instructions.

Also try changing the cable.
    Re seat the graphics card if you have one.
    Reply to darth.gabby
  2. darth.gabby said:
    Try to reconnect the vga,dvi or hdmi port on your pc and monitor. Chwck if it loose. Also try cleaning it if you have a "contact cleaner" you can youtube for cleaning instructions.

Also try changing the cable.
    Re seat the graphics card if you have one.

i tried all of these , still asking my self " Why happens when i Turn on/Off my room lights ? " also i tried 110v - 220v the same
    Reply to ams2015
  3. I think something is shorting your monitor, it might be your electrical outlets and not the monitor. Maybe you can test it on a differwnt outlet or maybe on a friends house.
    Reply to darth.gabby
  4. darth.gabby said:
    I think something is shorting your monitor, it might be your electrical outlets and not the monitor. Maybe you can test it on a differwnt outlet or maybe on a friends house.

Sorry my Bad i didn't mention i had tried that it's working very well out my room , i bring elctrical guy so he change my power from 220 to 110v in my room nothing changed !
    i tried everything now i'm in gave up mode :(
    Reply to ams2015
  5. ams2015 said:
    darth.gabby said:
    I think something is shorting your monitor, it might be your electrical outlets and not the monitor. Maybe you can test it on a differwnt outlet or maybe on a friends house.

Sorry my Bad i didn't mention i had tried that it's working very well out my room , i bring elctrical guy so he change my power from 220 to 110v in my room nothing changed !
    i tried everything now i'm in gave up mode :(
    Reply to darth.gabby
  6. What is the purpose of changing the voltage from 220volts to 110volts? How about the monitor can it support a 110volt outlet?

I think something is messed up in your room's electrical, since the problem occurs when switching off the lights switch and by doing that it shorts out and your monitor blinks.

Just a thought: maybe you should find another technician. Just to check the current inside your room. I think it's also dangerous that your monitor is blinking by switching on the lights. It might be a warning sign that the wires in your room must be checked.

One last thing before you give up. Try changing the light switch. It might be faulty, I have encountered my rooms lights blinking because of ants and an electricuted house lizard inside the light switch.
    Reply to darth.gabby
  7. darth.gabby said:
    What is the purpose of changing the voltage from 220volts to 110volts? How about the monitor can it support a 110volt outlet?

I think something is messed up in your room's electrical, since the problem occurs when switching off the lights switch and by doing that it shorts out and your monitor blinks.

Just a thought: maybe you should find another technician. Just to check the current inside your room. I think it's also dangerous that your monitor is blinking by switching on the lights. It might be a warning sign that the wires in your room must be checked.

One last thing before you give up. Try changing the light switch. It might be faulty, I have encountered my rooms lights blinking because of ants and an electricuted house lizard inside the light switch.

idk man , i'll check with other tech guy with my room i said : why everything in my room working very well except this monitor ! i have other devices working well
    Reply to ams2015
  8. ams2015 said:
    darth.gabby said:
    What is the purpose of changing the voltage from 220volts to 110volts? How about the monitor can it support a 110volt outlet?

idk man , i'll check with other tech guy with my room i said : why everything in my room working very well except this monitor ! i have other devices working well
    Reply to darth.gabby
  9. It might be the other electronics on your room can handle the fluctuation and the monitor cannot. Do you use an automatic voltage regulator?
    Reply to darth.gabby
  10. darth.gabby said:
    It might be the other electronics on your room can handle the fluctuation and the monitor cannot. Do you use an automatic voltage regulator?

Yes i do
    Reply to ams2015
  11. Try connecting the monitor directly in the wall outlet. Just to check again man.
    Reply to darth.gabby
  12. darth.gabby said:
    Try connecting the monitor directly in the wall outlet. Just to check again man.

Still had the same problem
    Reply to ams2015
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Asus Gaming Monitors Help Desk