i5 7th gen/series or i3 8th gen/series?

Hey guys! I plan on buying my desktop computer and now I'm buying it part by part, The first part I want to purchase is a motherboard and I already have one in mind (MSI lga1151 Z270-A Pro) but I'm not sure if this board would support i3 8th gen.

I compared the two CPUs and most sites/reviews says the two are almost similar but the i3 8th gen is cheaper.

what do you guys think? should I get the i3 8th gen or go with the i5 8th gen or just stick with the i5 7th gen?

I don't overclock and I only play Dota 2, CSGO and watch movies, but I do Photoshop and Illustrator and AutoCAD.
Reply to stanley.zoldyck
5 answers Last reply
More about 7th gen series 8th gen series
  1. 8th gen i3 needs 370 MB, yours can not hold, I7 will be better for your needs due to photo editing ;)
    Reply to vapour
  2. 8th gen requires a 300 series motherboard. So if you buy the board you listed you can only use 6 and 7th gen CPUs.
    Reply to why_wolf
  3. vapour said:
    8th gen i3 needs 370 MB, yours can not hold, I7 will be better for your needs due to photo editing ;)

thanks mate
    Reply to stanley.zoldyck
  4. why_wolf said:
    8th gen requires a 300 series motherboard. So if you buy the board you listed you can only use 6 and 7th gen CPUs.

Oh I see those are the new boards manufacturers are releasing for the 8th gen.. do you think I should wait for the 8th gen? or should I just stick with the 7th series?
    Reply to stanley.zoldyck
  5. depend on your urgency, new cheaper MB will not come out until next year :)
    Reply to vapour
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Video Games Desktops Build Computers Intel i5