Solved

Is it possible to run 2 x 4K displays in full 4K @ 60Hz using Nvidia 1080Ti???

Hello all,

I have two identical Samsung U28E590D 4K monitors hooked up to a 1080Ti 11Gb Extreme Edition graphics card. One is hooked up via display port cable and the other is hooked up via HDMI latest version.

For some reason, in full 4K resolution 3840 x 2160 one of the monitors runs @ 30Hz and the other runs @ 60Hz.

The only way I can get both monitors to run @ 60Hz is if I run them at 2560x1440 resolution.

What am I doing wrong? is there a fix for this?

Looking forward to your replies

Thanks!
Reply to eliassami5
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about run displays full 60hz nvidia 1080ti
  1. Most likely a driver bug or configuration error somewhere. Even the GT1030 supports 8k at 60Hz which is equivalent to four UHD displays.
    Reply to InvalidError
  2. InvalidError said:
    Most likely a driver bug or configuration error somewhere. Even the GT1030 supports 8k at 60Hz which is equivalent to four UHD displays.

It should definitely be doable with the hardware I'm running but i just cant find a fix for it.
    Reply to eliassami5
  3. Best answer
    The Samsung has two HDMI ports, but only one of them is HDMI 2.0. The other is only HDMI 1.4 which only supports 4K 30 Hz. You need to connect to the HDMI 2.0 input.
    Reply to Glenwing
  4. Glenwing said:
    The Samsung has two HDMI ports, but only one of them is HDMI 2.0. The other is only HDMI 1.4 which only supports 4K 30 Hz. You need to connect to the HDMI 2.0 input.

I didn't know the monitor inputs ran at different speeds...How do i figure out which input runs at what speed?
    Reply to eliassami5
  5. Try the other port or check the monitor manual if it has one. It might even be labeled on the monitor itself as it is with some TVs.

You also might be using a HDMI 1.4 cable instead of a 2.0 cable.

Also a possiblity that your video card only has 1 HDMI 2.0 and the rest 1.4 or some variation of.
    Reply to offroadguy56
  6. eliassami5 said:
    Glenwing said:

I didn't know the monitor inputs ran at different speeds...How do i figure out which input runs at what speed?

Reading the manual is usually how these things are determined
    Reply to Glenwing
  7. Glenwing said:

Thank you! I had no idea the monitor had two different inputs. It was a really simple solution. Thanks for the help!
    Reply to eliassami5
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Displays Graphics Cards Monitors Samsung Nvidia