Ryzen 5 1600 w/ ASRock AB350M PRO4

Hey all! I was going through my mobo options and saw the ability to chance the GHZ of my CPU. I turned it from 3.2 to 3.6 and now my task manager says my CPU is running at 3.6 GHZ. Is there anything wrong with this. Should I set it back immediately or change some other settings as well. I don't want to damage my PC. Thanks!
Reply to Pinz
4 answers Last reply
More about ryzen 1600 asrock ab350m pro4
  1. You overclocked your CPU a few hundred Mhz with the setting you applied. I'm guessing it was a preset option of some sort. At that setting with your CPU, it shouldn't hurt anything if cooling and power are adequate. Still, if you keep the setting, I'd run a few stresstests to verify your system is stable with the adjustments.
    Reply to 1LiquidPC
  2. 1LiquidPC said:
    You overclocked your CPU a few hundred Mhz with the setting you applied. I'm guessing it was a preset option of some sort. At that setting with your CPU, it shouldn't hurt anything if cooling and power are adequate. Still, if you keep the setting, I'd run a few stresstests to verify your system is stable with the adjustments.

Hi! I have a 650w PSU and all the stock coolers plus 3 more mounted fans. I did run a stress test for 10 minutes and everything was running fine and my temp never rose over 80.5°C. is that ok? I think I read that max I should run my Ryzen at is 85°
    Reply to Pinz
  3. Temp is on the warm side, but acceptable as a max. Outside of stresstests, CPUs generally don't see 100% load unless you really push the system. If your PSU is a decent quality model, I'd think you are fine. Still, if you used a preset, there's a good chance it set a bit more voltage than is actually needed. They do this to play it safe and creating a buffer for stability. However, the flip side is higher temps.
    Reply to 1LiquidPC
  4. Might be better if you try to do things manually. I've got mine at 3.7ghz I think my voltage was like 1.275. But my temps if I remember started in the 70s. During gaming I don't usually get about the 60s.
    Reply to ohiou_grad_2006
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Overclocking CPUs Task Manager ASrock