No video output in new build - AsRock AB350M Pro4

Hi guys,

I can't seem to make it work. I installed all below components, CPU/GPU fans work, but no output.
AsRock AB350M Pro4
Patriot Viper DDR4 16GB kit - 3200mhz
Ryzen 5 1600
GTX 1060

I suspect the incompatibility between the mobo and the ram. Is there any workaround or do I have to change the RAM?

Thank you.
6 answers Last reply
More about video output build asrock ab350m pro4
  1. You didn't absent-mindedly plug the monitor into the motherboard video port, did you?
    I've caught myself doing that on an occasion or two when in a hurry.
  2. clutchc said:
    You didn't absent-mindedly plug the monitor into the motherboard video port, did you?
    I've caught myself doing that on an occasion or two when in a hurry.


    How do you fix this if you've already done it?
  3. Your RAM is compatible with that motherboard according to partspicker and the specs on their website so incompatibility shouldnt be the issue
  4. bushydaffodil54 said:
    clutchc said:
    You didn't absent-mindedly plug the monitor into the motherboard video port, did you?
    I've caught myself doing that on an occasion or two when in a hurry.


    How do you fix this if you've already done it?


    (?) Simply shut down the PC and move the monitor's cable from the motherboard port to the same port on the gfx card.
  5. Correct. I have that board and mine has been a great board.
  6. ixlucky said:
    Your RAM is compatible with that motherboard according to partspicker and the specs on their website so incompatibility shouldnt be the issue


    clutchc said:
    bushydaffodil54 said:
    clutchc said:
    You didn't absent-mindedly plug the monitor into the motherboard video port, did you?
    I've caught myself doing that on an occasion or two when in a hurry.


    How do you fix this if you've already done it?


    (?) Simply shut down the PC and move the monitor's cable from the motherboard port to the same port on the gfx card.


    I clearly thought there might be more depth to this statement than there was. :D Dismiss inquiry.
Ask a new question

Read More

ASrock New Build