Buying a Z35P, need some guidance

So I've ordered an Acer Predator Z35P.

This is my first time with a 1440p monitor so i have some questions which i've not been able to get answers for.

1. Is it true that 720p videos will look better than 1080p? I read that upscaling only works without loss of quality when you scale by an integer multiple. Is this something that happens automatically or do i have to do it? Are there any software/programs you guys would reccommend i get so i can experience movies, tv shows at 1440p properly?

2. Can i have a dual monitor setup with my old monitor which is 1080p?

3. What are the things i should do as soon as i plug in my monitor? Like calibration, setups etc..

Thank you very much!
Reply to petfood101
2 answers Last reply
More about buying z35p guidance
  1. Bump
    Reply to petfood101
  2. petfood101 said:
    So I've ordered an Acer Predator Z35P.

This is my first time with a 1440p monitor so i have some questions which i've not been able to get answers for.

1. Is it true that 720p videos will look better than 1080p? I read that upscaling only works without loss of quality when you scale by an integer multiple. Is this something that happens automatically or do i have to do it? Are there any software/programs you guys would reccommend i get so i can experience movies, tv shows at 1440p properly?

2. Can i have a dual monitor setup with my old monitor which is 1080p?

3. What are the things i should do as soon as i plug in my monitor? Like calibration, setups etc..

Thank you very much!

1. No
    2. Yes
    3. Lagom.nl and follow the instructions for: Contrast, Gamma, Black and White Levels.
    Reply to hamzterwow
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Acer Predator Monitors