Location of F_USB connector on Dell 660s motherboard

where is the F_USB connector located on the Dell Inspiron 660s motherboard? Needed to connect PCE-AC55BT Dual-band bluetooth PCI-E adapter
Reply to j.r.fidler1
3 answers Last reply
More about location usb connector dell 660s motherboard
  1. j.r.fidler1 said:
    where is the F_USB connector located on the Dell Inspiron 660s motherboard? Needed to connect PCE-AC55BT Dual-band bluetooth PCI-E adapter

It would seem a PCI-e bluetooth adapter would go in a PCI-e slot.
    Not the header for the front USB ports.
    Reply to USAFRet
  2. USAFRet said:
    j.r.fidler1 said:

The PCI card is already installed in the PCI-E slot. There is an additional patch cable that connects to a pin out on the PCI card. The other end is supposed to be connected to an F_USB connector on the motherboard. This connection is needed to enable bluetooth functionality on the card. I've found only one F_USB connector, and it's already occupied by the connection to the front panel USB ports. I was hoping to learn if there was another F_USB connector on the Dell motherboard.
    Reply to j.r.fidler1
  3. j.r.fidler1 said:
    USAFRet said:
    j.r.fidler1 said:

The PCI card is already installed in the PCI-E slot. There is an additional patch cable that connects to a pin out on the PCI card. The other end is supposed to be connected to an F_USB connector on the motherboard. This connection is needed to enable bluetooth functionality on the card. I've found only one F_USB connector, and it's already occupied by the connection to the front panel USB ports. I was hoping to learn if there was another F_USB connector on the Dell motherboard.

No, there is only one F_USB connector.
    Apparently this sucks up that whole thing. Unless you can physically see another port of that same size on the motherboard.
    Reply to USAFRet
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

USB Connector Wireless Adapter Motherboards