is this a good mobo for amd ryzen 1800x

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813145001&cm_re=GIGABYTE_GA-AX370-_-13-145-001-_-Product

was looking for a midrange board without breaking the bank and found this one did a bunch of research on it and most people dont have issues with it but did read the vrms might be a bit dodgy and could not find any real info on it. I dont plan to overclock, was hoping someone can give me some answers/info thanks
Reply to cowboy5345
2 answers Last reply
More about good mobo amd ryzen 1800x
  1. The main thing to watch out for if this is a gaming box is whether the cheaped out on the audio and LAN, subsystems ... in this board. they did not. Both ate "top of the line"...

OTOH, if it was a gaming box, I wouldn't be investing in a $450 CPU considering the relative performance in gaming.

In this price range, I'd go Intel for video editing or gaming., but if your usage is specialized muti-threaded apps other than video editing, then Ryzen is the way to go.
    Reply to JackNaylorPE
  2. JackNaylorPE said:
    The main thing to watch out for if this is a gaming box is whether the cheaped out on the audio and LAN, subsystems ... in this board. they did not. Both ate "top of the line"...

OTOH, if it was a gaming box, I wouldn't be investing in a $450 CPU considering the relative performance in gaming.

In this price range, I'd go Intel for video editing or gaming., but if your usage is specialized muti-threaded apps other than video editing, then Ryzen is the way to go.

ya its going to be a gaming box due for a upgrade my 5 years is almost up (built in 2013) so have been a little out of the loop but i i do want to pair it up with a amd vega 64 when the custom coolers come out, want to do 1440p gaming and possibly 4k but dsoent have to be, any suggestions on a good amd cpu for that then hate to spend 450 on performance i will never use
    Reply to cowboy5345
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

AMD Motherboards CPUs