Can I move my OS to an SSD card then reboot it and have it ready for install then take it out of my computer and put it on new

Can I move my OS to an SSD card then reboot it and have it ready for install then take it out of my computer and put it on my new build? And then take my HDD with all my old files and games that used to have the OS and use it on my new build also? I’m trying to to use my HDD from my old desktop on my new build and I want to keep all my files and I don’t want to buy a new windows 10 key to install it.
Reply to xxprkickassxx
3 answers Last reply
More about move ssd card reboot ready install computer put
  1. Well no you should no do that let me get this straight
    you are going for new system right?
    then you should install the OS in new system as a fresh as your old one wont work,
    Reply to nitinvaid20
  2. nitinvaid20 said:
    Well no you should no do that let me get this straight
    you are going for new system right?
    then you should install the OS in new system as a fresh as your old one wont work,

Okay so I would have to buy a new windows license? And after I buy it then install it to my SSD. But what if I still want to use my files inside of my old HDD? How can I put that to use in my new build?
    Reply to xxprkickassxx
  3. you just have to reinstall the new window to your new SSD and you can use the files from your old HDD without any issues
    Reply to nitinvaid20
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

SSD Computers New Build