What do you think about this build?

I'm building a new PC and would like to hear some opinions about it and if there is anything I should change.
I'm would change the coolers from the Kraken x62 with the NZXT coolers and also the one one the Back and keep the 3x120mm in the Front that come with the case.
And do you think that the color of the case matters for the RGB? They are all mostly black inside but there are different white and black versions of it.
Case: NZXT H440 V2 (Midi Tower)
MoBo: ASUS STRIX Z270F GAMING (LGA 1151, Intel Z270, ATX)
GPU: Gainward GeForce GTX 1080 Phoenix GLH (8GB)
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K (LGA 1151, 4.20GHz, Unlocked)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 inkl. AM4
RAM: HyperX Fury (2x, 8GB, DDR4-2400, DIMM 288)
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO (500GB, M.2 2280)
HDD: WD Black (2000GB, 3.5")
PSU: Corsair RM850x (850W)
Cooler: NZXT Aer RGB 3er Pack (140mm, 1x)
RGB Controller: NZXT HUE+ (comes with 4x300mm RGB LED stripes)

PCPartpicker List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9K2cwV

The only Compatibility Note I get is this:
The motherboard M.2 slot #2 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled.

But I only use 1 M.2 slot so this should't be a problem?
Reply to cubianer
6 answers Last reply
More about build
  1. A bit of overkill on the power supply but no big deal.
    Change the memory to 3000 speed instead of just 2400.
    Reply to Zerk2012
  2. Zerk2012 said:
    A bit of overkill on the power supply but no big deal.
    Change the memory to 3000 speed instead of just 2400.


    What PSU would you suggest?
    And also I can't change the RAM because the MoBo only supports 2133/2400
    Reply to cubianer
  3. 4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 3866(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
    https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z270F-GAMING/specifications/
    The PSU you have will work or you could drop down to the 650 watt version.
    Reply to Zerk2012
  4. Zerk2012 said:
    4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 3866(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
    https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z270F-GAMING/specifications/
    The PSU you have will work or you could drop down to the 650 watt version.



    Ah so I have to overclock it.. I don't have any experience with oc yet but I wanted to start overclocking with this pc. Is it hard to overclock ram as a noob?

    For the PSU, I'll keep that one, maybe to have enought for future upgrades.
    Reply to cubianer
  5. Really hard for 3000 memory with a 7700K you just go into BIOS and click enable XMP profile save and exit.
    Reply to Zerk2012
  6. Zerk2012 said:
    Really hard for 3000 memory with a 7700K you just go into BIOS and click enable XMP profile save and exit.


    Allright^^ I haven't informed myself at all about oc yet :P
    Reply to cubianer
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

NZXT Intel