Ryzen 5 1600 paired with GTX 1060 3GB or i5-7500 paired with GTX 1060 6GB

Hello, my friend will get a new computer and he need to choose between Ryzen 5 1600 paired with GTX 1060 3GB with b350 motherboard and 8GB ram running on 2400MHz or to choose i5-7500 with H110,8GB ram running on 2133MHz but with GTX 1060 6GB.

The computers are about the same price, but which should he choose? Is there a very big difference between 3GB and 6 GB variant? Should he choose better processor or better graphics card?

And i forgot to mention he wants to stream and record videos.And also he have a lot of programs on background going on.
Reply to quce
17 answers Last reply
More about ryzen 1600 paired gtx 1060 3gb 7500 paired gtx 1060 6gb
  1. You can't put a 7500 in a h10l10 board withouy a skylake CPU on hand. Unless you're buying a prebuilt. Streaming probably makes the 1600 a better choice, but the 7500 system will perform better simply due to the better gpu and both CPUs will be gpu bound in many cases
    Reply to Supahos
  2. I would go with the i5 version, Intel Chips unlike ryzen Don't really need the high ram clockspeeds too run at full potential.

    Also, The 10606 6gb will have better preformance and age better because of it having 6gb vs 3gb becasue 3gb will become a liminting factor in the future, and the 1060 6gb has higher memeory/core clockspeeds
    Reply to lperreault21
  3. Supahos said:
    You can't put a 7500 in a h10l10 board withouy a skylake CPU on hand. Unless you're buying a prebuilt. Streaming probably makes the 1600 a better choice, but the 7500 system will perform better simply due to the better gpu and both CPUs will be gpu bound in many cases


    Both PCs are prebuild, and costing the same
    Reply to quce
  4. lperreault21 said:
    I would go with the i5 version, Intel Chips unlike ryzen Don't really need the high ram clockspeeds too run at full potential.

    Also, The 10606 6gb will have better preformance and age better because of it having 6gb vs 3gb becasue 3gb will become a liminting factor in the future, and the 1060 6gb has higher memeory/core clockspeeds

    So he should go with 6gb variant right?
    Reply to quce
  5. Do you want a few more fps (Intel)
    Or a good bit faster render speeds (ryzen) that's the decision then
    Reply to Supahos
  6. Supahos said:
    Do you want a few more fps (Intel)
    Or a good bit faster render speeds (ryzen) that's the decision then


    Well he is thinking about future.So here 6GB will be better.About rendering i think that the i5 will perform also good, just not better than ryzen 5 1600. So the 6GB variant is the way to go.
    Reply to quce
  7. quce said:
    Supahos said:
    You can't put a 7500 in a h10l10 board withouy a skylake CPU on hand. Unless you're buying a prebuilt. Streaming probably makes the 1600 a better choice, but the 7500 system will perform better simply due to the better gpu and both CPUs will be gpu bound in many cases


    Both PCs are prebuild, and costing the same


    Would you consider building a PC, I can make a list for you, just tell me your budget
    Reply to lperreault21
  8. quce said:
    lperreault21 said:
    I would go with the i5 version, Intel Chips unlike ryzen Don't really need the high ram clockspeeds too run at full potential.

    Also, The 10606 6gb will have better preformance and age better because of it having 6gb vs 3gb becasue 3gb will become a liminting factor in the future, and the 1060 6gb has higher memeory/core clockspeeds

    So he should go with 6gb variant right?


    yes
    Reply to lperreault21
  9. Streaming and recording is going to be a good bit better on the Ryzen system, but the difference between a 1060 6gb and 3gb is pretty big. 3gb is pretty much BARE MINIMUM on VRAM, and there is a pretty good chance he will run into VRAM issues going only 3gb.

    If he wants pure FPS, the Intel side will be better. But for streaming I'd still pick the Ryzen system.
    Reply to JalYt_Justin
  10. lperreault21 said:
    quce said:
    Supahos said:
    You can't put a 7500 in a h10l10 board withouy a skylake CPU on hand. Unless you're buying a prebuilt. Streaming probably makes the 1600 a better choice, but the 7500 system will perform better simply due to the better gpu and both CPUs will be gpu bound in many cases


    Both PCs are prebuild, and costing the same


    Would you consider building a PC, I can make a list for you, just tell me your budget

    His budget is around 900 to 1000 dollars, but here in Bulgaria, components are more expensive so the real budget is like 750 dollars.
    Reply to quce
  11. JalYt_Justin said:
    Streaming and recording is going to be a good bit better on the Ryzen system, but the difference between a 1060 6gb and 3gb is pretty big. 3gb is pretty much BARE MINIMUM on VRAM, and there is a pretty good chance he will run into VRAM issues going only 3gb.

    If he wants pure FPS, the Intel side will be better. But for streaming I'd still pick the Ryzen system.

    He wants to stream but i know him well and he will stop streaming after one week.So the 6gb variant is the way to go for him.
    Reply to quce
  12. i5, 1060 6GB
    Reply to gasaraki
  13. Ryzen 1400/1500x + gtx 1060 6gb ??

    Are either of them an available alternative ??

    Because personally I'd consider them both better than the i5 7500.
    Reply to madmatt30
  14. madmatt30 said:
    Ryzen 1400/1500x + gtx 1060 6gb ??

    Are either of them an available alternative ??

    Because personally I'd consider them both better than the i5 7500.

    Yea just found 1500x with 2x4 RAM running on even higher speeds 2666MHz and GTX 1060 6GB
    Reply to quce
  15. ^ then that should be the choice.
    Reply to madmatt30
  16. madmatt30 said:
    ^ then that should be the choice.


    Yep and its even cheaper with like 80 dollars.
    Reply to quce
  17. quce said:
    Supahos said:
    Do you want a few more fps (Intel)
    Or a good bit faster render speeds (ryzen) that's the decision then


    Well he is thinking about future.So here 6GB will be better.About rendering i think that the i5 will perform also good, just not better than ryzen 5 1600. So the 6GB variant is the way to go.


    Yeah, it is a good chip so you fine, Good luck!
    Reply to lperreault21
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Gtx RAM Intel i5 Computers