AsRock Compatibility Question

Hopefully someone can help me because ASRock support is not that helpful with my question I asked for 100% clarification if my hardware will work they just said look at the list of compatible CPUs and RAM... Well mine are not there

My motherboard is a A88M-G3.1
My CPU is a AMD A10-Series APU A10-7850K
My RAM is Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3 1600

Now checking on the site it's not showing anything of the sort that it would support these (CPU and RAM) but the specs are showing that it can

Specs from the site
Supports Socket FM2+ 95W / FM2 100W processors (which my CPU is)
Supports DDR3 2400+(OC)/2133/1866/1600/1333/1066 non-ECC, un-buffered memory (which my RAM is)
Reply to mdaniel1984
3 answers Last reply
More about asrock compatibility question
  1. the support list for CPU is pretty much the LAW, for memory though, they cannot test every stick of memory available. they make the QVL which is a list of modules they did test and they worked. it is not an end all be all list like the CPU list is. there are only so many CPU that will fit in the socket and they are easy to test.
    the supports list, your post last line, is based on the modules they did test and the modules that worked.
    if you get modules that have the right specs, and are similar to what is on the QVL you are fine. 99.8% certainty
    in my almost 2 decades as a pc owner none of my memory has been on the motherboards QVL
    Reply to R_1
  2. R_1 said:

if you get modules that have the right specs, and are similar to what is on the QVL you are fine. 99.8% certainty
    in my almost 2 decades as a pc owner none of my memory has been on the motherboards QVL

With that being said am I screwed with this? I bought this thinking that "Hey I can move over my old CPU and RAM no issues".... I hope I didn't blow my money on this :(
    Reply to mdaniel1984
  3. your CPU is on the list no problem there.
    the RAM I am almost certain will work. the specs are right, the speed is right, its DDR3.
    there is crucial ballistix on the approved list but only 1GB modules, the board will support 64GB.
    Your Good.
    Reply to R_1
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

ASrock Support RAM CPUs Motherboards Compatibility