Solved

Acer Predator XB271HU - IPS Glow or BackLight Bleed? Help please!

Hi everyone,

So, 1 week ago I bough my first IPS monitor ever, the Acer Predator XB271HU, and was a really good deal, 600€!

It's a great monitor indeed, I'm in love with G sync, 144hz/165hz and those beautiful colors!

But I want to know if my monitor has backlight bleed or ips glow if someone can help me to know what is this:

http://imgur.com/a/NaN3T (at 25 brightness)

Did I got a bad or good example? Should I return it?

(Sorry about my english)
Reply to kreacygamer
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about acer predator xb271hu ips glow backlight bleed
  1. Pictured provided look good to me.
    Maybe a slight BLB at the bottom right but it could be your phone's camera that misinterprets the on/off light
    Overall it looks pretty good to me

If you're happy with it and you think it looks good -- why would you return it anyway
    Reply to Isokolon
  2. Best answer
    Back light bleed does not come through so well on pictures. I have 2 acer predators, x34 and xb323, both are IPS panels and there is some very minor back light bleed on the corners. It is only noticeable when the monitor is completely dark and the lights are turned off. Bad back light bleed is where there is inconsistencies in the colors or washed out colors around the corners. I think yours is just fine. It is a great monitor. Enjoy it.
    Reply to feelinfroggy777
  3. Isokolon said:
    Pictured provided look good to me.
    Maybe a slight BLB at the bottom right but it could be your phone's camera that misinterprets the on/off light

If you're happy with it and you think it looks good -- why would you return it anyway

Actually I think the light at the bottom right is ips glow since when I move my head a little bit to the right, it dissapears and I can see full black...

That's the reason why I'm asking if I got a bad example or every IPS monitor are like that.
    I know IPS glow its normal for IPS monitors but some are better than the others and about my understanding, the glow is only noticiable if you look it off angles? (correct me if I'm wrong)

Thank you.
    Reply to kreacygamer
  4. I think you got a pretty decent one. Of course, it all comes down to what's the IRL experience.

I just created a similar post (I bought the predator last weekend, and it's glorious). Would really aprecciate some comments.
    Reply to darksaint22
  5. kreacygamer said:
    Isokolon said:
    Pictured provided look good to me.

Actually I think the light at the bottom right is ips glow since when I move my head a little bit to the right, it dissapears and I can see full black...

That's IPS glow then.
    Reply to Glenwing
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Acer LCD Monitor Predator Monitors