Tom's Hardware Forum threads and Tom's Guide Forum threads

Hi,
I am quite stumbled with why some threads are shown in the Tom's Hardware Forum Threads page as well as shown in the Tom's Guide Forum Threads page?
However, some other threads are only shown in the Toms' Hardware Forum Threads page.
Also, some other threads are only shown in the Toms' Guide Forum Threads page.

I don't remember that I posted the same threads in both threads.
If I want all my created threads, and followed threads to be in one place(in one Forum Threads page), I could do that? Please make it easy as it is easy to be logging in to both forums with the same credentials.

5 answers Last reply
More about tom hardware forum threads tom guide forum threads
  1. There is a lot of crosstalk between Tom's Hardware and Tom's Guide.
    There is nothing you or I can do about it.

A lot of threads are shared between the two.
  2. USAFRet said:
    There is a lot of crosstalk between Tom's Hardware and Tom's Guide.

Thanks a lot,
    But who shared them with both forums? I am talking about my created threads, some of which are shown in both forums. However, some of which are only shown in one, and not in the other forum.
    I need them to be shown in one forum?
  3. a cooperator said:
    USAFRet said:

Thanks a lot,
    But who shared them with both forums? I am talking about my created threads, some of which are shown in both forums. However, some of which are only shown in one, and not in the other forum.

The *who* is simply the Forum software.
    No 'person' goes through and says 'this one', but not 'that one'.

It depends on the specific subforum and topic.
  4. USAFRet said:
    a cooperator said:
    USAFRet said:

Thanks a lot,

The *who* is simply the Forum software.
    No 'person' goes through and says 'this one', but not 'that one'.

It depends on the specific subforum and topic.

Thanks a lot,
    Yes, but I don't see any striking difference between the two forums. Also, I don't remember I created a Tom's Guide Forum account at all.
    So, why do I have to choose which I should post in?
  5. Hi there! Maybe I can answer a few questions.

Long before I came on the team, there was no forums for Tom's Guide. It was decided that Tom's Guide needed a forum, and it was also decided that it would be based on the same platform software that Tom's Hardware uses. Then someone else thought "Why don't we mirror a few forums from Tom's Hardware on to Tom's Guide?" It was agreed on, and as a way to differentiate between the two Tom's Hardware kept several important forums as their own (like CPUs, GPUs, Systems, Gaming, etc) and the Tom's Guide Forums kept forum sections dedicated to their audience (Smart Home, Cell Phones, etc).

To make things easier for development, both forums work with a Single Sign-On Authorization program, so even if you don't frequent one site you can access the forums under the same username at your leisure.

Hope that helps!
Ask a new question

Read More

Structure