Solved

Looking for recommendations - Question Regarding Dell U2415 Vs Asus Eye Care Range

Hi everyone. My PC and monitors are approx 6 years old. I will soon be getting a new PC. I am also considering replacement monitors, and giving my old monitors to my parents. My priority is looking after my eyes, in particular doing everything I can to reduce eye-strain.

1) After doing some research, I have read that the Dell U2415 (IPS) is a good monitor - given that it is height adjustable and flicker free. I was considering buying two of these monitors when I get my new PC. Is this a good monitor to use for long hours (some brief gaming and lots of document work)?

2) My only concern is that it is an old model - from 2014. I am not sure if that makes a difference, or whether I should be focusing on newer monitors?

3) I have read about the Asus Eye Care monitors - would these be genuinely more helpful for my eyes compared to the Dell U2415?

Any guidance or advice is much appreciated.
Reply to cactusj
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about recommendations question dell u2415 asus eye care range
  1. 1| I work off the Dell U2311H and by all means it's an amazing monitor for both the eyes and if you're into creativity duties like photo and videoediting. The color calibration on them are nothing short of awesome!

2| I got mine second hand and have been using it for 2 years so if that's not an indication of how good it is, I don't know what is.

3| Which Asus monitor are we talking about in particular? I used the BE229QLB and it needs some adjustments out of teh box to get to the point where you're not squinting which can be said to hold true for pretty much any monitor even for Dell's Ultrasharp series but I've found myself to be squinting with eye fatigue even after tinkering on the Asus range.
    Reply to Lutfij
  2. Lutfij said:
    1| I work off the Dell U2311H and by all means it's an amazing monitor for both the eyes and if you're into creativity duties like photo and videoediting. The color calibration on them are nothing short of awesome!

2| I got mine second hand and have been using it for 2 years so if that's not an indication of how good it is, I don't know what is.

3| Which Asus monitor are we talking about in particular? I used the BE229QLB and it needs some adjustments out of teh box to get to the point where you're not squinting which can be said to hold true for pretty much any monitor even for Dell's Ultrasharp series but I've found myself to be squinting with eye fatigue even after tinkering on the Asus range.

Thanks for the reply.
    I think my previous reply didn't get posted. Apologies if this appears twice!
    Regarding the Asus range, there are so many to choose from. I am not sure where to start. Something like the VX24AH would seem ideal, which is under the eye care range.
    However, I just saw the U2515H, which looks better than the U2415... Hmmm....
    Reply to cactusj
  3. I had a very good experiance with the BenQ GW2765HT before i changed it for a 40 inch 4k monitor. It is equipped with Low Blue Light Technology to give users the best visual pleasure.It worked wonders for me.
    Reply to sovereignturf
  4. sovereignturf said:
    I had a very good experiance with the BenQ GW2765HT before i changed it for a 40 inch 4k monitor. It is equipped with Low Blue Light Technology to give users the best visual pleasure.It worked wonders for me.

Thanks for the response. I'll need to look into Low Blue Light Technology :-)
    Reply to cactusj
  5. Best answer
    If you are going to be doing some gaming then the best I can recommend is to get a monitor with either Freesync or GSync depending on if you have an NVidia or AMD video card. Secondly a 144Hz monitor will help a lot if you have the video card to give more than 60fps while gaming. Thirdly IPS will give great colors and visuals, but not do much for the eyestrain. It may seem better but it's only perception. The 144Hz and Sync will give a more flicker free experience eliminating eye strain. But this is only while gaming. The 144Hz will be maxed out while using documents which may help, but the sync is only useful while gaming.

Most gaming monitors come with a blue light filter but all it does is remove blue color leaving you with washed out visuals. It does nothing for flicker or eye strain, but it removes blue light which may be damaging depending on if you believe the hype. But removing blue light causes the image to look like crap. It's not something you'd want enabled while doing photo editing. Asus has five levels of blue light filtering on their monitors.

As far as eye strain, any 144Hz Sync enable IPS monitor should act the same as far as eye strain is concerned. But the controls, menus, on screen display, ergonomics, colors, tilt, height adjustability, speakers, headphone port, usb ports, etc... will differentiate between them. And if it's any sort of decent gaming monitor it'll have a blue light filter nowadays. It's pretty common in monitors.
    Reply to gondo
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

U2415 Monitors Dell