Need help overclocking my fx8350

Hi guys, i want to overclock my fx8350 i've got a hyper 212 evo also i have a gtx 970 with a super oc and my mobo is Smart thermaltake 650w 80 bronze certificated, i wanted to know how far can i get? with this specs ive just researched and i can get until 4,5 but i'm not quite sure so i came here to make a question for you guys, thank you!
Reply to hANDS15
10 answers Last reply
More about overclocking fx8350
  1. u should experiment this by urself, see which ghz is giving u the most stable-performance friendly
    since this is all depends on real world situation and the sillicon lottery
    Reply to constantine_99
  2. 3 things you need to know.
    1. Max safe operating temp for that cpu is 62c. Sure you can go higher but you risk the cpu.
    2. At 72c the cpu will throttle down to protect itself.
    3. Keep the cpu voltage under 1.5v

Here is a tutorial. There are many online. Study a bit before you try to overclock. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MckeAmnDeTk
    Reply to urbancamper
  3. Yeah, i just got to change my thermal paste, whats the best option to put it on?? Also i have open air case so, i'll be sending some feedback on how it goes for sure!
    Reply to hANDS15
  4. I use mx4. It is non conductive, works well, and is not too expensive.
    Reply to urbancamper
  5. 650w can handle such overclock? At least 4,5 pulling out the refrigeration and the temps. I wanna know whether 650w aren't going to take me down thank you again btw! I'll check it out said thermal paste for sure ;)
    Reply to hANDS15
  6. 650w will be enough for that setup. Not sure about hitting 4.5ghz safely with that cooler though it might be ok. Good luck to you.

My temps on mx4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIM1HiPWwz0&feature=youtu.be
    Reply to urbancamper
  7. Sorry for being so annoying but i notice that i didn't even put my mobo, it's asus m5a97 r2.0, it can handle it too?
    Reply to hANDS15
  8. Well that is not the best overclocking motherboard out there. But I am pretty sure you can get something out of it. The 970 chipset will probably get you 4.4ghz
    Reply to urbancamper
  9. I love hearing that, and also i would love telling you how it went, i know it's a little bit of luck too, thank you for all of your answers and the patience!!
    Reply to hANDS15
  10. Welcome
    Reply to urbancamper
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Overclocking Gtx Evo