Solved

Will Nintendo Switch Look Horrible Outputting to 1440p monitor

I was thinking about jacking my Nintendo Switch Dock to a 1440p monitor when I can finally find a Switch. The Switch tops out at 1080p. Do you think it'll still look ok?
Reply to test_123
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about nintendo switch horrible outputting 1440p monitor
  1. Best answer
    This depends on the monitors rescale function. At my 1440p monitor setting any game to 1080p resolution makes it a bit blurry. That is because of the monitors scaling feature does not show pixel perfect image. I don't know your monitor. You can test it, just play a pc game at 1440p native resolution and then set it to 1080p and compare. If it looks acceptable, then this will be the same with the Switch (I suppose).
    Reply to turbopixel
  2. test_123 said:
    I was thinking about jacking my Nintendo Switch Dock to a 1440p monitor when I can finally find a Switch. The Switch tops out at 1080p. Do you think it'll still look ok?

I have an ASUS 1440P monitor and I just plugged BOTW into it and it looked horrible. When I play 1080P games on my PC they don't look nearly as bad, definitely a difference between 1080p and 1440P but I'm the only one in my house that can even notice it. I think maybe a TV would be better, I've seen videos of BOTW on a 4K TV and it looked just fine.
    Reply to joscrog
  3. joscrog said:
    test_123 said:

I have an ASUS 1440P monitor and I just plugged BOTW into it and it looked horrible. When I play 1080P games on my PC they don't look nearly as bad, definitely a difference between 1080p and 1440P but I'm the only one in my house that can even notice it. I think maybe a TV would be better, I've seen videos of BOTW on a 4K TV and it looked just fine.

Wow! I guess I won't know until I see for myself. BTW, I'm 3/4 through the game and it's amazing.
    Reply to test_123
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Nintendo Switch Switch Monitors