What should I upgrade in order to run newer games smoothly

Hello all.

I am currently running a pretty old computer from around 2013ish and most of the games I play run fine at the moment but some of my friends want to play newer games and my pc just struggles with them.

My specs:
MotherBoard: h8-1559
Processor: AMD FX 8350 (8-core)
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7500 Series

On games like Counter-Strike Global Offensive I get around 150-200 fps (All low settings) and thats perfectly fine with me. However, on Player Unknowns Battle Ground I get about 15-20 fps (All low settings) and its just not really playable for me.

I was looking into upgrading my GPU but im not sure if my processor would work towards the newer gpu's. Just need some suggestions on what I should upgrade.

Thanks!
Reply to ENSE__
3 answers Last reply
More about upgrade order run newer games smoothly
  1. Your gfx card is the weak link in that list. Which of the HD-7500 series is it?
    How much can you spend?
    Reply to clutchc
  2. clutchc said:
    Your gfx card is the weak link in that list. Which of the HD-7500 series is it?
    How much can you spend?

Thanks for the reply, I have a Radeon 7570 and im looking for something around $200 maybe a little above that. Not a big budget
    Reply to ENSE__
  3. ENSE__ said:
    clutchc said:
    Your gfx card is the weak link in that list. Which of the HD-7500 series is it?
    How much can you spend?

Thanks for the reply, I have a Radeon 7570 and im looking for something around $200 maybe a little above that. Not a big budget

The FX-8350 cam handle just about any gfx card, but your budge will limit you to GTX 1050 Ti 4GB: Example
    (NOTE: This model needs a 6-pin connector from the PSU)

If your PSU does not have a 6-pin or is only 300W, then this might be a better choice.
    Reply to clutchc
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Video Games GPUs Computers Games AMD