What component is likely causing this problem?

I recently received my new corsair liquid cooler (h115i) as I was having a previous problem where my CPU was reaching temps of 95c on only 20% load and thought this might fix the problem. I just installed the new cooler and turned on my PC (it did boot just really slowly) then after about 3 minutes I got the BSOD stating the code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. after the pc restarted it froze on the windows loading page (windows 10) and so I had to restart the PC. However now, the PC turns on for about 2 seconds then turns off, then turns on again for another 2 seconds then back off again and repeats this process. It's extremely frustrating and a possible solution would be hugely appreciated. I have had this build for about 2 years now and it is not overclocked.

SPECS:

MoBo: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
GPU: MSI GTX 970
PSU: Corsair RM850
RAM: 16GB G.Skill 1600
CPU: Intel i7 4790k

Thanks in advance.
Reply to TheMightyChuckaboo
4 answers Last reply
More about component causing problem
  1. TheMightyChuckaboo said:
    I recently received my new corsair liquid cooler (h115i) as I was having a previous problem where my CPU was reaching temps of 95c on only 20% load and thought this might fix the problem. I just installed the new cooler and turned on my PC (it did boot just really slowly) then after about 3 minutes I got the BSOD stating the code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. after the pc restarted it froze on the windows loading page (windows 10) and so I had to restart the PC. However now, the PC turns on for about 2 seconds then turns off, then turns on again for another 2 seconds then back off again and repeats this process. It's extremely frustrating and a possible solution would be hugely appreciated. I have had this build for about 2 years now and it is not overclocked.

SPECS:

Thanks in advance.

HI!

Well I won't be much help I just wanted to say watch out for frying your motherboard and CPU as I, too experienced the power on then turns off problem myself. It turned out to be a faulty case which caused a short. maybe do a re-installation of everything to make sure it is all good. Here is the link to the thread, maybe something in there could help you or just maybe save some components.

Also have you tried removing the cooler and then trying to restart it it? maybe it is the cooler that is the problem?

Hope any of this helps :)

Regards
    Reply to werries238
  2. werries238 said:
    TheMightyChuckaboo said:

SPECS:

Thanks in advance.

HI!

Well I won't be much help I just wanted to say watch out for frying your motherboard and CPU as I, too experienced the power on then turns off problem myself. It turned out to be a faulty case which caused a short. maybe do a re-installation of everything to make sure it is all good. Here is the link to the thread, maybe something in there could help you or just maybe save some components.

Also have you tried removing the cooler and then trying to restart it it? maybe it is the cooler that is the problem?

Regards

I don't think the problem is with the cooler as it was one sent by corsair as I sent my previous one back to them as I thought the previous one was causing the issue. I dont know if this could be a PSU issue maybe?
  3. TheMightyChuckaboo said:
    werries238 said:
    TheMightyChuckaboo said:

SPECS:

Thanks in advance.

HI!

Regards

I don't think the problem is with the cooler as it was one sent by corsair as I sent my previous one back to them as I thought the previous one was causing the issue. I dont know if this could be a PSU issue maybe?

Okay do you have a stock cooler? Put that on there and see if it turns on as the PC worked before the cooler.
    It is rare but the second cooler COULD also be faulty.

I have a Corsair RM750X and haven't experienced any trouble. You could always send that back if you want to get it checked out.
    Reply to werries238
  4. werries238 said:
    TheMightyChuckaboo said:
    werries238 said:
    TheMightyChuckaboo said:

SPECS:

Thanks in advance.

HI!

Regards

Okay do you have a stock cooler? Put that on there and see if it turns on as the PC worked before the cooler.
    It is rare but the second cooler COULD also be faulty.

I have a Corsair RM750X and haven't experienced any trouble. You could always send that back if you want to get it checked out.

I found the problem. The CPU overheating on low load was caused partly by my old liquid cooler and mobo and the power issue was caused by my mobo. The solution was to reset CMOS and now it's back up and running and my Temps don't go above 65c on high load
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Power Supplies RAM CPUs Cooling Motherboards GPUs