Solved

Building a new rig Budget is £2500. Could you guys help a novice?

New to the forum. Self proclaimed peasant. Basically Im building a new rig from scratch. (I'm not physically building it). I have a budget of 2.5k for the computer as well as a keyboard and mouse. My main question is, I no longer want to sit at my desk and play on a monitor. I would like to try and build it around working well on my 49 inch 4k LG TV. Is it possible to even build a rig that will perform fairly stable at 4k on my tv for that money if at all? Thinking about the 1080ti as I think its my best shot gpu wise for my budget. I just don't want to dump 2 and a half large into a pc if its not going to perform well on a screen of that size at 4k and would rather save the funds until I find a way of doing it. Thanks in advance guys.
Reply to Shaolintibbs
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about building rig budget 2500 guys novice
  1. The TV should just bump down to the resolution it can actually handle.
    Reply to n9neman
  2. Okay so would you say a 1080ti would be worth the investment playing on that screen?
    Reply to Shaolintibbs
  3. Best answer
    Honestly the TV can handle it. All the TV is doing is displaying whats happening on the computers side. Really, the computer is doing all the work.
    Reply to n9neman
  4. Perfect. Yeah I just went into it too much I think. Was reading about how it has to work harder to provide the 4k at a decent fps on a big screen and that the quality and fps takes a massive hit. Cheers for your reply mate. 2.5k better get me somewhere close to a decent 4k gaming experience or I'll be back on the ps4 haha
    Reply to Shaolintibbs
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

GPUs New Build