Solved

PC Gaming GTX 1080 graphics card to 4k UHD TV at 60 fps using displayport to HDMI

Hello Guys!

I need your help

I have a Gaming PC with an Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Graphics Card. I also have a TCL 40 inch UHD Smart TV (model LED40E5800US).

I really want to make the best out of gaming. However, i cannot have the UHD 4K gaming experience at 60fps.

I have already overclocked my PC. But still, i cannot reach the 4K at 60fps on my TV....it only reaches 30fps.

I tried to use a HDMi 2.0 cable from my Graphics card to my Television. But still, i only get 60 fps on a 1080p resolution.

Before i plan to purchase a gaming monitor, is there any chance that i can achieve 4k UHD at 60fps on my smart TV?

There isn't any option on my TCL to adjust the fps of it as well.

I was planning to purchase a Displayport to HDMi cable.....would you think this would help solved my problem?

Thank you for you assistance.
Reply to Bry Cepe
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming gtx 1080 graphics card uhd fps displayport hdmi
  1. Best answer
    it is caused because of tv is bad for gaming. tv usually have lower refresh rate than gaming monitor, so some or even a lot of fps were wasted, to get the best gaming experience, get a gaming monitor
    Reply to nvincent_08
  2. The TV's refresh rate isn't 60. That's why you only get 30 because that all the tv can display. Get a gaming monitor or at least a better tv that will support more than 30hz
    Reply to stmaki16
  3. stmaki16 said:
    The TV's refresh rate isn't 60. That's why you only get 30 because that all the tv can display. Get a gaming monitor or at least a better tv that will support more than 30hz

tv not designed for gaming, so getting a more expensive tv wouldnt help, tv refresh rate, response time and some other things make them bad for gaming
    Reply to nvincent_08
  4. nvincent_08 said:
    stmaki16 said:
    The TV's refresh rate isn't 60. That's why you only get 30 because that all the tv can display. Get a gaming monitor or at least a better tv that will support more than 30hz

tv not designed for gaming, so getting a more expensive tv wouldnt help, tv refresh rate, response time and some other things make them bad for gaming

Im saying get a tv with a better refresh rate and response.
    Reply to stmaki16
  5. Your TV has a refresh rate of 60 so there's no obvious reason you can't achieve 60 fps. I've used TVs as monitors for almost 10 years now. You've probably done this but just in case, go into nVidia control panel and check your resolution. There's a drop down box next to the resolutions that makes refresh rate selectable. Make sure its at 60. Sometimes when changing resolutions mine gets wigs out and sticks on 30Hz.

Double check that first.
    Reply to Donbaloo
  6. Donbaloo said:
    Your TV has a refresh rate of 60 so there's no obvious reason you can't achieve 60 fps. I've used TVs as monitors for almost 10 years now. You've probably done this but just in case, go into nVidia control panel and check your resolution. There's a drop down box next to the resolutions that makes refresh rate selectable. Make sure its at 60. Sometimes when changing resolutions mine gets wigs out and sticks on 30Hz.

Double check that first.

some tv cant really get to 60 hz, and even if it can, you wont get such good experience, because im pretty sure there is some or even a lot of fps wasted because of the refresh rate, which is the reason why gaming monitors with high refresh rate were made
    Reply to nvincent_08
  7. nvincent_08 said:

some tv cant really get to 60 hz, and even if it can, you wont get such good experience, because im pretty sure there is some or even a lot of fps wasted because of the refresh rate, which is the reason why gaming monitors with high refresh rate were made

Some can't but in general they can and that specific TV model certainly can. And you're right, TVs can't beat true gaming monitors for gaming. I won't argue that. But OP's specifically curious about that refresh rate and I can't see any reason they shouldn't be able to set it to 60.

Once OP gets that straightened he can worry about whether that extra 30ms of input lag is problematic or not for their purposes. And wasted FPS isn't really a problem unless OP gets screen tearing and stuff. Which can be adjusted for as well.
    Reply to Donbaloo
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Graphics Cards