Solved

1600X 16gb corsair lpx 3200mhz ASRock fatal1ty k4 issue

All my parts came today and I upgraded my computer the problem is I keep getting a blue screen with an AsIo.sys failure, so I updated my bios to the latest version, that still didn't work so I took out one stick of ram thinking it was s ram problem, still the same error and when I tried the other stick it won't even boot, it just goes in a infinite loop of turning off and on and it's not a power issue as I have a EVGA 750 BQ power supply
Reply to banker
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1600x 16gb corsair lpx 3200mhz asrock fatal1ty issue
  1. How did you install windows? You may need to reset bios and try reinstalling windows.
    Reply to elbert
  2. When you say a boot loop, can you get into the BIOS with the suspect stick of RAM? Or is the system not even completing the POST successfully?

Did you try and OC your RAM at all? Or apply the XMP profile in the BIOS? If so, that's almost certainly the problem. Just revert the BIOS to default and try and boot with both DIMMs.

If the BIOS is at default settings and you can't even get your system to POST with that suspect RAM stick, then you'll need to RMA it. With a default BIOS, if the system gets you to the BIOS with one RAM stick and not the other, it's pretty conclusive evidence that the RAM stick is no good. If the "loop" you're talking about is after POST, as in Windows is crashing, then you'll need to do some more investigating. That's not necessarily the RAM.
    Reply to rhysiam
  3. I used the Windows installed in my hard drive, which is also deactivated probably because of the motherboard change
    Reply to banker
  4. The computer doesn't even post with that one stick of ram and it's on the default settings
    Reply to banker
  5. With both sticks I'm able to get into Windows but after a period of time it blue screens with the AsIo.sys crash, and the same thing happens with the ram stick that doesn't loop
    Reply to banker
  6. The old install probably had setting causing the issue. You can install windows 10 and not activate. It just has the lower right water mark and has no cutoff least not yet. You need to reinstall for your current hardware.
    Reply to elbert
  7. Should I install it as install now or repair computer
    Reply to banker
  8. Install now and use option one to save your old data. The old install has to many configs for the wrong hardware. Plus aa fresh install works better.
    Reply to elbert
  9. Wait a second. Are you saying that with one of the two RAM sticks in by itself, you can't even get the system to POST. Is that right? You can't into the BIOS with one (specific) stick of RAM.

That's not okay and is a low-level hardware issue... nothing to do with Windows.

It certainly sounds like you have a Windows issue too and you need to sort that, but I'd be getting your RAM fixed before Windows 10 install. Corrupt or dodgy RAM can cause all kinds of low-level problems, which is the last thing you want when you're hoping to install Windows for long-term use.

Maybe I've misunderstood you and it's not a RAM issue. But if - as I describe above - the computer won't even post with one stick of RAM, you need to get that stick of RAM replaced. I wouldn't be putting it in my PC for anything other than troubleshooting/diagnosing the problem.
    Reply to rhysiam
  10. He does not have a ram problem. He has a total new system implemention failure trying to reuse a hard drive and windows system which has old hardware configurations and drivers.
    Reply to Mojazz
  11. I don't think Windows would be the reason of an Asio,sys screen, those are related to part failures, I'll try a new Windows install but I'm for sure that it's the ram, what else would explain the odd behavior when it comes to the looping piece of ram. I would think before they sell ram they would atleast test it, especially a corsair one I have the most faith in that brand
    Reply to banker
  12. I will go ahead and return the ram back to Amazon and try again with new ram
    Reply to banker
  13. Best answer
    banker said:
    I don't think Windows would be the reason of an Asio,sys screen, those are related to part failures, I'll try a new Windows install but I'm for sure that it's the ram, what else would explain the odd behavior when it comes to the looping piece of ram. I would think before they sell ram they would atleast test it, especially a corsair one I have the most faith in that brand

Yes but that is from your old install's drivers and configs expecting one part while trying to access another. The drivers and configs are looking for your old motherboard but fails because its a new motherboard. Using old installs on a new motherboard rarely works none the less with one so different as Ryzen. Its amazing you even got to the GUI. A clean install of windows is the test you should attempt.
    Reply to elbert
  14. I clean installed windows and it worked just like you said elbert, now I won't have to go through the trouble of returning ram, though it was quite weird that one stick had a different effect than another single one in, but it dosen't matter now atleast it works, now it's time to overclock
    Reply to banker
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

ASrock Corsair