planning on building a new PC, but I don't know where to start...

I want to build a new gaming PC. the first one that i got was built for me and I did not have much experience with computers at the time and I think it would be better to build a new one than to upgrade a useless PC. Thing is I don't know where to start. I have recently got Ghost Recon: Wildlands (which my PC could only run at 20 fps) and decided I need something that can play this and future games at 60 fps. I don't really have a budget right now but could your recommendations be from "trusted" websites? i don't really know about websites like Newegg and would like to stick with amazon or Microcenter.

Feel free to recommend one thing or build the entire thing for me, have fun at it too.

Thanks guys
Reply to AveresKnight
28 answers Last reply
More about planning building start
  1. Based on a youtube video I found that hit 60FPS, these are the specs he used
    [PCPartPicker part list](https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/MrpVQV) / [Price breakdown by merchant](https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/MrpVQV/by_merchant/)

    Type|Item|Price
    :----|:----|:----
    **CPU** | [Intel - Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor](https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/Tvzv6h/intel-cpu-bx80646i54690k) | £238.90 @ Amazon UK
    **Motherboard** | [MSI - Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard](https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/gxDwrH/msi-motherboard-z97pcmate) | £84.99 @ Amazon UK
    **Memory** | [PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory](https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/9BZ2FT/pny-memory-md16gk2d3186610ab) | £137.42 @ Amazon UK
    **Storage** | [Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive](https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/MwW9TW/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd10ezex) | £41.88 @ Aria PC
    **Video Card** | [MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card](https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/fKp323/msi-geforce-gtx-1070-8gb-video-card-gtx-1070-gaming-x-8g) | £396.89 @ Ebuyer
    **Case** | [NZXT - S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case](https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/tD38TW/nzxt-case-cas340wbr1) | £69.98 @ CCL Computers
    **Power Supply** | [Corsair - CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply](https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/FQ648d/corsair-power-supply-cp9020101na) | £48.36 @ Ebuyer
    **Operating System** | [Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro Full 32/64-bit](https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/CYH48d/microsoft-os-fqc09131) | £179.48 @ Scan.co.uk
    | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |
    | **Total** | **£1197.90**
    | Generated by [PCPartPicker](http://pcpartpicker.com) 2017-06-03 00:00 BST+0100 |
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdwvEgacEhE
    If you want to be hitting Tom Clancy at 60 FPS at good graphics, 1000 pounds is a minimum. Start off by getting cheap first, then get expensive.
    Reply to tothergnome
  2. tothergnome said:
    Based on a youtube video I found that hit 60FPS, these are the specs he used
    [PCPartPicker part list](https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/MrpVQV) / [Price breakdown by merchant](https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/MrpVQV/by_merchant/)

    Type|Item|Price
    :----|:----|:----
    **CPU** | [Intel - Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor](https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/Tvzv6h/intel-cpu-bx80646i54690k) | £238.90 @ Amazon UK
    **Motherboard** | [MSI - Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard](https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/gxDwrH/msi-motherboard-z97pcmate) | £84.99 @ Amazon UK
    **Memory** | [PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory](https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/9BZ2FT/pny-memory-md16gk2d3186610ab) | £137.42 @ Amazon UK
    **Storage** | [Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive](https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/MwW9TW/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd10ezex) | £41.88 @ Aria PC
    **Video Card** | [MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card](https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/fKp323/msi-geforce-gtx-1070-8gb-video-card-gtx-1070-gaming-x-8g) | £396.89 @ Ebuyer
    **Case** | [NZXT - S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case](https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/tD38TW/nzxt-case-cas340wbr1) | £69.98 @ CCL Computers
    **Power Supply** | [Corsair - CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply](https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/FQ648d/corsair-power-supply-cp9020101na) | £48.36 @ Ebuyer
    **Operating System** | [Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro Full 32/64-bit](https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/CYH48d/microsoft-os-fqc09131) | £179.48 @ Scan.co.uk
    | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |
    | **Total** | **£1197.90**
    | Generated by [PCPartPicker](http://pcpartpicker.com) 2017-06-03 00:00 BST+0100 |
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdwvEgacEhE
    If you want to be hitting Tom Clancy at 60 FPS at good graphics, 1000 pounds is a minimum. Start off by getting cheap first, then get expensive.


    Hey man thanks for the submission
    I live in the U.S so I am sure that the cost of these parts would be different although 1544.69 U.S.D seems a bit much. I think ill switch the Gtx 1070 8gb with something like the 1060 6gb (i dont think that i will be needing 8 gb of VRAM). I already have 2 sticks of 8gb RAM and Windows 10 i will probably get a cheaper case.

    If you don't mind me asking is there any other CPU that is still compatible with the build but goes for cheaper?
    Reply to AveresKnight
  3. The Intel Core i3-4170, is half the price (I think) and has a faster GHz, but half the cores. However, this isn't an issue, as you can check several youtubers who compare that CPU to Quad Core I5 ones and generally the FPS difference only comes down to 5, and sometimes is even faster in some games.
    Reply to tothergnome
  4. I checked into it and decided on a Intel Core i5 6600K.

    I am having more of a problem with the mother board, I dont really know a lot about them and they seem complicated. Do you know any good mother boards that are compatible with the gtx 1060 6gb? Also would have to get a better power supply or is the one listed good enough?
    Reply to AveresKnight
  5. The
    MSI - Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard is a really easy to use Motherboard to use. If you struggle with motherboards, check this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZUYymbCH1w) which explains to you how to use the motherboard. And if you want to go with the Intel Core I5 6600K you have to get a CPU cooler, as it doesn't come with one.
    According to the PSU tier list (http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html) you PSU is on tier 4 (my bad). The EVGA SuperNOVA 650 is a really good PSU that is in Tier 1, and a PSU is very important as the life range of your rig depends on it.
    Reply to tothergnome
  6. I went on pcpartpicker.com and picked what I think would be a good build, i want to keep the price just a little over a 1000 if possible but is it a good build? Any recommendations to decrease the price are also welcome.

    Type|Item|Price
    :----|:----|:----
    **CPU** | [Intel - Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/dQM323/intel-core-i5-7600k-38ghz-quad-core-processor-bx80677i57600k) | $234.39 @ Amazon
    **CPU Cooler** | [Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hmtCmG/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rr212e20pkr2) | $29.99 @ Amazon
    **Motherboard** | [Asus - STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2Phj4D/asus-strix-z270-e-gaming-atx-lga1151-motherboard-strix-z270-e-gaming) | $199.00 @ Amazon
    **Memory** | [GeIL - EVO POTENZA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/c8rcCJ/geil-memory-gpr416gb2400c16dc) | $104.49 @ Amazon
    **Storage** | [Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/MwW9TW/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd10ezex) | $49.99 @ Amazon
    **Video Card** | [MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING X Video Card](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JVWrxr/msi-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-gaming-x-video-card-geforce-gtx-1060-gaming-x-6g) | $269.89 @ Amazon
    **Case** | [RIOTORO - CR480 ATX Mid Tower Case](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/HnDzK8/riotoro-cr480-atx-mid-tower-case-cr480) | $69.99 @ Amazon
    **Power Supply** | [EVGA - 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/V9bp99/evga-power-supply-100b10600kr) | $39.99 @ Amazon
    **Optical Drive** | [Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2v9KHx/asus-optical-drive-drw24b1stblkbas) | $22.99 @ Amazon
    | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |
    | **Total** | **$1020.72**
    | Generated by [PCPartPicker](http://pcpartpicker.com) 2017-06-03 20:17 EDT-0400 |
    Reply to AveresKnight
  7. AveresKnight said:
    I went on pcpartpicker.com and picked what I think would be a good build, i want to keep the price just a little over a 1000 if possible but is it a good build? Any recommendations to decrease the price are also welcome.

    Type|Item|Price
    :----|:----|:----
    **CPU** | [Intel - Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/dQM323/intel-core-i5-7600k-38ghz-quad-core-processor-bx80677i57600k) | $234.39 @ Amazon
    **CPU Cooler** | [Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hmtCmG/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rr212e20pkr2) | $29.99 @ Amazon
    **Motherboard** | [Asus - STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2Phj4D/asus-strix-z270-e-gaming-atx-lga1151-motherboard-strix-z270-e-gaming) | $199.00 @ Amazon
    **Memory** | [GeIL - EVO POTENZA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/c8rcCJ/geil-memory-gpr416gb2400c16dc) | $104.49 @ Amazon
    **Storage** | [Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/MwW9TW/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd10ezex) | $49.99 @ Amazon
    **Video Card** | [MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING X Video Card](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JVWrxr/msi-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-gaming-x-video-card-geforce-gtx-1060-gaming-x-6g) | $269.89 @ Amazon
    **Case** | [RIOTORO - CR480 ATX Mid Tower Case](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/HnDzK8/riotoro-cr480-atx-mid-tower-case-cr480) | $69.99 @ Amazon
    **Power Supply** | [EVGA - 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/V9bp99/evga-power-supply-100b10600kr) | $39.99 @ Amazon
    **Optical Drive** | [Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2v9KHx/asus-optical-drive-drw24b1stblkbas) | $22.99 @ Amazon
    | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |
    | **Total** | **$1020.72**
    | Generated by [PCPartPicker](http://pcpartpicker.com) 2017-06-03 20:17 EDT-0400 |


    That looks good, though I think I would ditch that case for a NZXT S340, or a Phanteks P400S, though you would also be required to lose the optical drive, though they're no longer considered a necessity anyways. And get a better PSU - those EVGA B series PSUs are terrible units.
    Reply to g-unit1111
  8. Hey thanks for the input, what power supply would you recommend? Also why is the power supply i picked a horrible unit? I just want to know because i dont really know much about them and want to see how i can start picking out better parts
    Reply to AveresKnight
  9. Here is the list:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel - Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($228.49 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.89 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus - PRIME Z270-P ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($125.45 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory ($105.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.44 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Dual Series Video Card ($373.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.69 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1060.91
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-05 04:15 EDT-0400
    Reply to King Dranzer
  10. EVGA sells some great units, but every line has a budget level. the 600W/B are not made by the same manufacturer that makes the G2 supernova. they are made by what I call corner cutters. Thinner wires inside the unit, older less reliable protections. built with price as the most important feature with quality coming in 4th or 5th on the list.

    corsair cx550 or the seasonic s12II 520W are both high quality budget friendly units
    https://pcpartpicker.com/search/?cc=us&q=s12II
    https://pcpartpicker.com/search/?q=cx550
    Reply to R_1
  11. Alright, thanks to eveyone's help, i have decided on this build i hope it is as good as i expect it to be.

    Thanks guys

    PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/d93n4C
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/d93n4C/by_merchant/

    CPU: Intel - Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($234.39 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.84 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus - STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($199.00 @ Amazon)
    Memory: GeIL - EVO POTENZA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($111.88 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING X Video Card ($269.89 @ Amazon)
    Case: RIOTORO - CR480 ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($22.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1037.96
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-06 03:55 EDT-0400
    Reply to AveresKnight
  12. AveresKnight said:
    Hey thanks for the input, what power supply would you recommend? Also why is the power supply i picked a horrible unit? I just want to know because i dont really know much about them and want to see how i can start picking out better parts


    They're made by HEC which is a very low tier vendor. The G2 / G3 / P2 / T2 are the best EVGA makes, and one of the best you can buy. The Seasonic X / G / Prime units are also some of the best you can buy. These are a few websites where you can learn more about PSUs:

    - http://www.jonnyguru.com
    - http://www.orionpsudb.com/
    - http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/PSUReviewDatabase.html

    Basically if it's not made by Seasonic, Super Flower, Delta, or Flextronics, don't buy. A few other manufacturers may make quality units, but they're usually made for overseas purchases, and they're usually hard to find here in the States. But going cheap on PSUs is never the way to go.

    Quote:
    Alright, thanks to eveyone's help, i have decided on this build i hope it is as good as i expect it to be.


    Looks good but don't buy a Hyper 212 Evo - for a few bucks more, you can get a Cryorig H5 or Phanteks TC-12 PE, and both of those are better.
    Reply to g-unit1111
  13. AveresKnight said:
    Alright, thanks to eveyone's help, i have decided on this build i hope it is as good as i expect it to be.

    Thanks guys

    PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/d93n4C
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/d93n4C/by_merchant/

    CPU: Intel - Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($234.39 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.84 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus - STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($199.00 @ Amazon)
    Memory: GeIL - EVO POTENZA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($111.88 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING X Video Card ($269.89 @ Amazon)
    Case: RIOTORO - CR480 ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($22.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1037.96
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-06 03:55 EDT-0400


    For extra $30 you are getting GTX1070 build which is way powerful in comparison to GTX1060 6GB. Spend a bit extra and go for it. All the components in my above build are of high quality even the PSU is of very high quality and 80+ Gold Certified.
    Reply to King Dranzer
  14. AveresKnight said:
    Alright, thanks to eveyone's help, i have decided on this build i hope it is as good as i expect it to be.

    Thanks guys

    PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/d93n4C
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/d93n4C/by_merchant/

    CPU: Intel - Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($234.39 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.84 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus - STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($199.00 @ Amazon)
    Memory: GeIL - EVO POTENZA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($111.88 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING X Video Card ($269.89 @ Amazon)
    Case: RIOTORO - CR480 ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($22.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1037.96
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-06 03:55 EDT-0400


    For extra $30 you are getting GTX1070 build which is way powerful in comparison to GTX1060 6GB. Spend a bit extra and go for it. All the components in my above build are of high quality even the PSU is of very high quality and 80+ Gold Certified.
    Reply to King Dranzer
  15. Are you actually near a microcenter ??
    That have some blistering CPU/mb combo deals available which will save you a fair bit of money.

    Ryzen 1600+ Gigabyte b350 gaming 3 -$250

    I5 7600k + z270 rog strix -$330

    I7 7700 + Asus TUF Z270 -$390
    Reply to madmatt30
  16. Your current build is running $470 for an i5 , board & cooler - that's an awful waste of nearly half your $1000 budget
    Reply to madmatt30
  17. AveresKnight said:
    Alright, thanks to eveyone's help, i have decided on this build i hope it is as good as i expect it to be.

    Thanks guys

    PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/d93n4C
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/d93n4C/by_merchant/

    CPU: Intel - Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($234.39 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.84 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus - STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($199.00 @ Amazon)
    Memory: GeIL - EVO POTENZA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($111.88 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING X Video Card ($269.89 @ Amazon)
    Case: RIOTORO - CR480 ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($22.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1037.96
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-06 03:55 EDT-0400


    That PSU is not better than the first one you had picked out. This is $100 more but has a GTX 1070 and a much better PSU:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel - Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($228.49 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.89 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus - PRIME Z270-AR ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($163.89 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($128.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($107.88 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.44 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Mini Video Card ($334.45 @ Amazon)
    Case: Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($41.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12G 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($61.49 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1150.41
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-06 12:31 EDT-0400
    Reply to g-unit1111
  18. g-unit1111 said:
    AveresKnight said:
    Alright, thanks to eveyone's help, i have decided on this build i hope it is as good as i expect it to be.

    Thanks guys

    PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/d93n4C
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/d93n4C/by_merchant/

    CPU: Intel - Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($234.39 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.84 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus - STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($199.00 @ Amazon)
    Memory: GeIL - EVO POTENZA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($111.88 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING X Video Card ($269.89 @ Amazon)
    Case: RIOTORO - CR480 ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($22.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1037.96
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-06 03:55 EDT-0400


    That PSU is not better than the first one you had picked out. This is $100 more but has a GTX 1070 and a much better PSU:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel - Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($228.49 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.89 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus - PRIME Z270-AR ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($163.89 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($128.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($107.88 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.44 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Mini Video Card ($334.45 @ Amazon)
    Case: Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($41.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12G 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($61.49 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1150.41
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-06 12:31 EDT-0400


    Wanted to know why you went with that costly motherboard and Non Modular PSU. You could have saved some on motherboard and spend it on PSU to get a fully modular one. Both EVGA G2 and Corsair RMx 550W models are just $8 costlier and are Fully Modular. Including SSD is pushing OP's budget very high.
    Reply to King Dranzer
  19. King Dranzer said:
    Wanted to know why you went with that costly motherboard and Non Modular PSU. You could have saved some on motherboard and spend it on PSU to get a fully modular one. Both EVGA G2 and Corsair RMx 550W models are just $8 costlier and are Fully Modular. Including SSD is pushing OP's budget very high.


    I go with the Seasonic G because it's a solid PSU for $60 and some places have it cheaper than that. I've seen it go at Newegg for less than $50. Not modular, but for that price who cares? Well if you take out the SSD you could do this:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel - Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($228.49 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.89 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: ASRock - Z270 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($144.49 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($129.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.44 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Mini Video Card ($334.45 @ Amazon)
    Case: NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.89 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1050.63
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-06 14:57 EDT-0400
    Reply to g-unit1111
  20. If you plan to overclock, and want a system better suited to newer titles that will make use of more cores/threads, you may want to consider a Ryzen 1600/1600x. Newegg is excellent. They have been around for as long as I can remember, and have order many a part from them. As you mentioned Microcenter, you might want to look at their in store bundles. They are usually pretty good, and I have taken advantage of them a few times, for others and myself.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($209.89 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.89 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: ASRock - X370 KILLER SLI/ac ATX AM4 Motherboard ($136.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($134.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Toshiba - P300 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.13 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Mini Video Card ($334.45 @ Amazon)
    Case: NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ B&H)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($76.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $1042.31
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-06 15:17 EDT-0400

    Or drop the SLI, so you can get an SSD.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($209.89 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.89 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($88.33 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($134.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial - MX300 275GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($97.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Storage: Toshiba - P300 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.99 @ Best Buy)
    Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Mini Video Card ($334.45 @ Amazon)
    Case: NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ B&H)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1070.51
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-06 15:18 EDT-0400
    Reply to logainofhades
  21. @g-unit1111 & @logainofhades I wouldn't recommend that Case as OP plans on having DVD writer NZXT S340 does-not support ODD.
    Reply to King Dranzer
  22. King Dranzer said:
    @g-unit1111 & @logianofhades I wouldn't recommend that Case as OP plans on having DVD writer NZXT S340 does-not support ODD.


    Please stop nit picking other people's part choices. That is not the way to earn you supporters around here. And what is your point? You don't need ODD support anymore. If you need it that badly you can always get an external USB drive. This is the one I have: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA8TK5S48568
    Reply to g-unit1111
  23. Case can be changed to suit their taste, or they can get an external. I cannot remember the last time I actually used an ODD. The Zalman Z1 Neo would work, if they absolutely had to have a ODD. The H7 will fit perfectly in it.

    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/vcbkcf/zalman-case-z1neo

    or the Corsair Carbide Series 300R for taller coolers.

    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2WkD4D/corsair-case-300rwindowed
    Reply to logainofhades
  24. g-unit1111 said:
    King Dranzer said:
    @g-unit1111 & @logianofhades I wouldn't recommend that Case as OP plans on having DVD writer NZXT S340 does-not support ODD.


    Please stop nit picking other people's part choices. That is not the way to earn you supporters around here. And what is your point? You don't need ODD support anymore. If you need it that badly you can always get an external USB drive. This is the one I have: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA8TK5S48568


    No I was just informing you that OP also included ODD in the listing and that case does-not support ODD. Trust me I am not trying to earn supporters. Some times it happens that we skip minor details, I thought you skipped the ODD requirement unknowingly.
    Reply to King Dranzer
  25. King Dranzer said:
    No I was just informing you that OP also included ODD in the listing and that case does-not support ODD. Trust me I am not trying to earn supporters. Some times it happens that we skip minor details, I thought you skipped the ODD requirement unknowingly.


    No I don't include ODDs on purpose anymore. They're just really not that necessary. Windows 10 doesn't even include playback software anymore. Most content is streamed and even people who do have DVD collections are usually just using their ODD to create rips, or for operating system installation. And if you do need it, you can buy an external ODD for just as cheap as you could buy an internal one.
    Reply to g-unit1111
  26. With Microsoft's media creation tool, you don't even need the ODD for Win 10 installs, just a cheap 8gb USB flash drive.
    Reply to logainofhades
  27. Yes due to increase of internet speed and distribution network out there the requirement of ODDs for you guys is going down year by year.
    Reply to King Dranzer
  28. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($209.89 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI - B350M GAMING PRO Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($129.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: SK hynix - SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($87.88 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.44 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Mini Video Card ($334.45 @ Amazon)
    Case: Fractal Design - Focus G Mini (Black) MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.69 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1018.31
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-06 15:59 EDT-0400
    Reply to Karadjgne
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Gaming PCs Build